Waterproof (sealed) case that DOESN'T require a jack extender?

The VCR King

I have a Lifeproof Fre to protect my phone but I can't tell you how much I HATE those stupid jack extender cables!!!

Those stupid cables are made so cheaply that within one month of normal use the plastic on the cable has started to come apart and the wires are frayed like a Christmas tree. I've finally resorted to buying the cheap 10-packs of the replacement cables on Amazon so that when one breaks I can just get another. I've tried those solid-metal ones like from Fospower but they're so poorly made that my music only works in one ear or not at all.

I want to be free from these frickin' jack extender cables but I need a waterproof/everything-proof phone case as well.

Am I screwed?

The VCR King

Bluetooth?
I've tried a few of the different bluetooth headphones and earbuds but the battery life on them always has sucked. I normally listen with one earbud in almost all day long, so something battery powered is NOT for me.

Buy a phone that's already IP68 rated?
Can't yet. Verizon hasn't given me the option to upgrade yet and I don't know when they will. I'm approaching 1-1/2 years with this phone as of now.

I don't remember which model it is but my friend has this Samsung phone that's waterproof. I remember when he and I were at band camp and he dropped his phone in a puddle of soda in the camp cafeteria and he walked over to the sink and washed it o_O it was hilarious.