Wats a motherboard

phatasian

all my friends keep talking about motherboards (weird friends) can u take a picture for me so i can act smart for them lol

hpi

banned
Is this a Joke or are you serious ?

If your serious then dude your friends aren't cool man if they don't tell you what it is LOL.

Here you go, everything you wanna know.

AznPride83

Lol, that's such a noobish question! I assume you are trying to learn about computers, you came to the right place. Well, let me show you a picture of my motherboard (Also referred to as MoBo)

K9NSLI_boardside.jpg

Basically, the mobo holds all the PC components, and links them together so that they can function in perfect sync. They range in prices from 50 dollars to 300 dollars usually, and they are pretty much the main component of the computer.

hpi

banned
Yep all the other computer components plug into the motherboard.

If your new to every part of pc's ya this site rocks.

Theres some real good stickies in the different sections of the forum for different hardware.

Theres the motherboard section with a full guide on em, theres the case and powersupply 101 as well and so on.

AznPride83

Lol, that's OK I see you have a kick ass computer in your signature, Kinda weird you didn't know what a mobo was. Well I guess you don't learn anything by buying a prebuilt dell.

hpi

banned
Lol, that's OK I see you have a kick ass computer in your signature, Kinda weird you didn't know what a mobo was. Well I guess you don't learn anything by buying a prebuilt dell.

Id love to know what kinda psu they put in that dell!!!

hpi

banned
Lol, i'd assume 300W?

You stand very close, 375 watt psu and it's a shitty one! If yuo get that pc with the 8800gtx they put in a 425watt cheap psu.

You don't run a quadcore, 2 gb's ram, 300gb hdd, gpu like that and do on with a cheap psu like that.

Do some good gaming on that and that psu will die out and take along other parts with it.

pc-tech

banned

rephrase "you don't learn anything by buying a Dell"(period):D
lol

hpi

banned
nah the higher models have from 450 to 500W in them, which would be enough

Technically YES but really no. They use very crappy psu's in there systems making them very prone to die out fast if you put it under load and I have seen this countless times from dells and prebuilts in person.

pc-tech

banned
i wasnt pointing out you, butgood job admitting it, i think imight have said something, but i dont rember and if i did i apoligize