Wats a motherboard

hpi

banned
EXACTLY! That's how you learn, buy a prebuilt, then take it apart! That's how I'd recommend someone learn about computers, I think that's how I did it!

NO.

You buy all the parts seperately and make a killer system for half or more the price of a cheapo pre built with cheap components.

And then you assemble it and learn it.

zer0_c00l

heh..i remmber when i didnt know what a MoBo was...really wasnt to long ago...maybe 1997 Muahhh then i started playing starfleet command 1 ever sense, been the pc guy in the family.its funny how things work out.i was a 23 year old Rock singer (really) now a 33 year old computer gamer/tech/still learning lol

AznPride83

EXACTLY! That's how you learn, buy a prebuilt, then take it apart! That's how I'd recommend someone learn about computers, I think that's how I did it!

Yeah that's how I learned, I had an acer aspire and I took parts out, like the ram, put it back. Learn to do some upgrades such as put more ram. Then I took out the heatsink and the Processor. Then eventually I knew how to take everything out (didn't want to take the mobo out) And I knew what each part was. Now I know so much more just by taking apart computers and then I built my own (the comp in my sig is my first build) and i've come to this forum to share my knowledge with the n00bs. :)

Quentin_T

NO.

You buy all the parts seperately and make a killer system for half or more the price of a cheapo pre built with cheap components.

And then you assemble it and learn it.

Nobody cares how super awesome you are.:rolleyes:

Telling someone who doesn't know much to do that is foolish, and is NOT a great way to learn. Honestly if you're really trying to help someone, try and be helpful.

Just because you think that EVERY pre-built uses "cheapo" parts doesn't mean it's true. :mad:

:D

sfinks98

i learned about computers by buying the parts and building it but i wouldnt necessarily recommend it. not thats its difficult to put it together but it can be confusing to figure out which parts to buy if you dont understand much about computers. I ended up buying a motherboard without a pci express slot because i didnt realize i needed one.

jimkonow

i replaced my sister's Dell PSU when it died...it was a 250w PSU powering a P4 mobo.
how retarded.
anywho, now it has a 400w rosewill PSU in it, and its actually a bit faster.