WEB design software

Morb

OK, I need some recommendations.

I want to create web page. I know a lot of commands. Till now I have been creating it by hardcoding in notepad ;). But now I have to make much more complex and larger site so I need some type of time booster ;o) - web design software. But I don't know some good one. But I DO NOT want some "wysiwyg" web creating software. I need software which is able to add html TAGS by "one-or-two clicks".

It will be good if it is freeware. If you can please add short description of program and hyperlink to download. Thanks a lot.

Please, Inspire me which one is good. I'll be happy ;))).

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Morb you have some high expectations.

Here is the dilemma, there is no such program. There are a few that come close...

http://www.communitymx.com/blog/index.cfm?newsid=273

I use HTML-KIT. I only like to see the code. I am not a fan of the “design mode”. I personally think it enables people to dodge the process of actually learning the language of html. Many times, you end up getting a form fed website (PowerPoint did this… you watch a presentation and half the class used the same background…) Anyway, the best way to save time when coding is to plan and write out what you want to get accomplished (a pseudo code of shorts) on that individual page and then code it.

Verrona

Morb said:
OK, I need some recommendations.

I want to create web page. I know a lot of commands. Till now I have been creating it by hardcoding in notepad . But now I have to make much more complex and larger site so I need some type of time booster ;o) - web design software. But I don't know some good one. But I DO NOT want some "wysiwyg" web creating software. I need software which is able to add html TAGS by "one-or-two clicks".

It will be good if it is freeware. If you can please add short description of program and hyperlink to download. Thanks a lot.

Please, Inspire me which one is good. I'll be happy ;) )).

I wud recommend bitting ur lip cos sooner rather than later u will need 2 purchase software.

I would say Dreamweaver MX 2005 cos it has all the tools u wud ever need. Y writre HTML (which i assume ur doin) when u cud just take it easy

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
WYSIWYG is what u NEED!

I am no great webdesigner, but why in the hell would you wanna do all the coding with notepad? Why not use tools like Dreamweaver MX xxxx and then change the stuff you may not like. You think professional webdesigners code everything from scratch? Don't think so.

JAN :D

SFR

Truth fears no questions
jancz3rt said:
I am no great webdesigner, but why in the hell would you wanna do all the coding with notepad? Why not use tools like Dreamweaver MX xxxx and then change the stuff you may not like. You think professional webdesigners code everything from scratch? Don't think so.

JAN :D

I do. :) I created a decent website a few years ago by coeing everything by hand in a program called arachnophillia. It took a few months but was able tp learn a ton about HTML but doing my own research everytime I needed code to perform certain tasks.

If I would have had Dreamweaver I doubt I would have learned anywhere near the amount of code I now know. I do however realize there is a need for a dreamweaver "wysiwyg" type program. But for "real" programmers, we dont want to take shortcuts like that (that is why there are people out there who do not live VB as well).

Morb

SFR you're right ;-). I don't like wysiwyg software and coding from scratch is my hobby and speciality. I learnt a lot about HTML this way, so as you. But for now I don't have much time(nothing horrible will happend but it will be good if I make it in time ;o). i wasn't sure if program of that type exists, but from currently obtained answers from members(thank a lot) I think that I stay in programing from scratch(Maybe it will be looking better, code will be smaller and easier to read too) :eek: .

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Morb said:
SFR you're right ;-). I don't like wysiwyg software and coding from scratch is my hobby and speciality. I learnt a lot about HTML this way, so as you. But for now I don't have much time(nothing horrible will happend but it will be good if I make it in time ;o). i wasn't sure if program of that type exists, but from currently obtained answers from members(thank a lot) I think that I stay in programing from scratch(Maybe it will be looking better, code will be smaller and easier to read too) :eek: .

Well, I have dreamweaver, (since many companies requre you too be comfortable using such programs) I have learned it, and can understand its usefulness. Time managment is a very important issue and "wysiwyg" programs play an essential role. I would advise looking into programs like HTML-KIT, they are in no way "wysiwyg" programs, yet it far superior too notepad when it comes to coding HTML manually.

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
i use dreamweaver. i let it do all of the html, just saves me time which i'd rather invest in scripting.

red onion

There are a couple of programs that may be of interest to you:
nvu
and
These are both good HTML editors; both graphical. NVU is the same as Mozilla Composer; very easy to use. MS is more complicated, but also more versatile. Matizha Sublime allows you to open a page with source code, and by clicking you can add the desired tags, be it a table or an image etc. I think that is what you are looking for. It is freeware, and a good learning tool. (Also faster than notepad.)

Morb

Yes,yes,yes

:D WooW, thanks SFR, that is exactly what I was looking for. HTML-Kit is great. :rolleyes:
Morb

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Morb said:
:D WooW, thanks SFR, that is exactly what I was looking for. HTML-Kit is great. :rolleyes:
Morb

:cool: Glad you like it! :cool:

The preview tab is a nice feature...
Even has an FTP function... and only 3MB to download as well!

Verrona

Depending on whether or not u want 2 do things the hard way, invest in getting some software that will do the job quickly. Otherwise u will eventually get so bored.

In ur case, mayb u wont ;)