Webcam problems.

Hyper_Kagome

My Kinstone PC Webcam just refuses to work for me. I've installed it, and it's been working on my computer, before it was sent it to get fixed a few days ago. I go and double click the icon on the desktop and I end up getting this message from it, "Not found vaild video capture device!"

Any help on this problem?​

Hyper_Kagome

liuliuboy said:
try to reinstall the drivers.

And, it'd be rather helpful if I knew where to go/what to do and so on to do so... last person I asked didn't tell me...

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.. I still can't get my cam working... and also have no clue on what to do for reinstalling the drivers. (Unless my brain is telling me right about inserting my Nvidia disk...)

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

Hmm... nope. I installed the additional drivers, and apon startup, only one of the two installed properly, the universal video device failed to install, and, that has my suspisions thinking that, that's what I need.

Hyper_Kagome

And I checked Nvidia Forceware drivers - 2K/XP... they're older than the ones that are currently installed right now... any help, would be nice...

Hyper_Kagome

Well, I'm back on square one, still no help with the web cam not working, and still no clues on how to get it to work.

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

Well, I've given up on the webcam... no help from anyone really, except one, and I didn't know how, so... yeah... it's now going to collect dust.

Hyper_Kagome

Ku-sama said:
8 posts in a row???? USE THE EDIT BUTTION WOMAN! whats the make/model of your cam?

You know me... silly dense person.

--note to self, EDIT button.--

Uhm... I'll have to look for the packaging tonight to find the modle and such... I'll let you know tomorrow.

Hyper_Kagome

Yes, I do, I installed it and all... didn't work, uninstalled, moved it to a different USB after unplugging and installing and all, and I still get that same message...