Website Design PHP/SQL/Javascript Tutorial?

revelation343

Hello,

What I'm trying to make is a detailed database with a front-end for members of an RPG group. I only know basic HTML/CSS but am looking to expand my horizons. Essentially what I need is the following:

1. Display page of users sorted by rank. Will have their Display Name, Forum Name, Tag, Promotion Date, Group (for points) and a few other custom fields.

2. Log page of users sorted by date. Will have the Date, Promoted/Demoted Member Name, Promoter/Demoter Name, Former Rank, New Rank, Reason for promotion

3. Points Page of users divided into their Groups. Will have their Name and Total Points for the month. At the end of the month, these values should be archived and the Points Page will show 0 points for all members.

4. Points Logs Page of users sorted by Date, showing the Awardee of Points, Group Name, Awarder of Points, Amount of Points, and Reason for Points Earned

5. Administration Page. This page will allow authorized users to go in and based on Rank, promote, demote, fire, add points to user, remove points from user, move user to different Group. Would like the person to have to sign in for this.

6. User Page. This page will hold information about the user including all of the promotions/demotions/firings of the user since the creation of the account, current group, current points, and a breakdown of how they earned the points for that month.

I've looked around a few different CMS sites and plugins/addons but can't seem to find anything advanced enough that keeps logs of points, etc. I am wondering how difficult it would be to build something like this from scratch and/or how much I should look at spending if I were to hire the services of an experienced coder.

Thanks for your input in advance!

Last edited:

Agent Smith

phpBB has extensions that might do what you are looking for. One extension that comes to mind is auto groups.

I have a phpBB forum and use auto groups along with a now defunct extension called Reputation system. phpBB works with permissions and groups so you could set up specific groups for various things. Each group having different permissions. Setting it all up can be a PITA.

Have a look at the different extensions phpBB has and if you need something specific request it. https://www.phpbb.com/community/index.php