Weird buzzing sound

Justin

VIP Member
When I play games there'll often be little buzzing sounds that causes the audio and video to stutter. It doesn't happen every time I play, but it happens quite often.

Here's a video to better show it. It's a bit faint in the video but it's more louder in person.

[UT]4DvgMz5qLsU[/UT]

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
What settings are you running?..i noticed on the beeeeeps in the video look how your hard drive indicator goes mad,its like your hard drive is trying to catch up.5400rpm :(

Does it only do it in this game?

Last edited:

Justin

VIP Member
What settings are you running?..i noticed on the beeeeeps in the video look how your hard drive indicator goes mad,its like your hard drive is trying to catch up.5400rpm :(

Does it only do it in this game?

Running it on med-high with physx on low.

Happens in other games as well like Sleeping Dogs. I've had Borderlands 2 since launch and the buzzing sound only happened now.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you defragged that hard drive recently?..could try that and see it it makes any diffrence.

Masterfulks

Next time turn the game sounds off. I'm not sure what I was hearing. I've found that most buzzes are fan related. If the game is pushing your system it may be getting hot. When you fan kicks up to high speed it could be creating the sound. A new fan should fix that. The system might be stuttering if it's overheating and just can't handle the game very well.

Just my guess without more info.

Justin

VIP Member
It was a very good laptop in 2010, paid $1,100 for it. :) Now in 2012, not so much. Plays newer games at medium at 1366x768.

I'd rather build a new desktop rather than put an SSD in here. I rarely bring this out of my home and now that I have an Asus Transformer tablet, might have no reason at all. :p