Weird error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

erika g

Google is giving me a weird error message. It says that my smartphone device cannot be detected even when im using it! What does this mean and how to fix it? I tried opera browser when trying to download an app and gives same error message, how should i fix this problem? Whats going on? Why is this happening? Did i do something to cause this? Why am i getting this error? Why would this be the case? Can someone please help me out here? Anyone, someone? Thank you.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So its attached to your pc and google can't recognize it? What are you trying to accomplish?

erika g

So its attached to your pc and google can't recognize it? What are you trying to accomplish?
Its my samsung phone, not a pc... i think i configured something wrong but dont know exactly i did wrong? I was trying to configure java or something like that because i couldnt log into gmail on chrome but could access gmail in opera browser..... rsvp.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Reset your phone back to factory then. You seem to have way too many problems with things.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not even sure what you mean by it doesn't detect your phone. Screenshots would help. If you are downloading apps with a browser instead of the play store then you need to allow APK installs. But again, I'm not sure what exactly you are seeing for error messages.

erika g

I'm not even sure what you mean by it doesn't detect your phone. Screenshots would help. If you are downloading apps with a browser instead of the play store then you need to allow APK installs. But again, I'm not sure what exactly you are seeing for error messages.
I think the error message was 400 something. It said something like your device isnt recognized or something like that.....

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
A 400 error is a client-side (your phone) error. For whatever reason it cannot complete the web request.

As John noted, you're best off resetting your phone. Backup any data you want to keep and reset it.

erika g

A 400 error is a client-side (your phone) error. For whatever reason it cannot complete the web request.

As John noted, you're best off resetting your phone. Backup any data you want to keep and reset it.
I dont remember the exact error message im sorry but i do remember something like gmail or google saying something like my device isnt recognized or doesnt exist....?

DavidG

A screenshot of the error message would help, again none of us know what you are talking about, to take a screenshot on your phone
  1. Open the screen that you want to capture.
  2. Depending on your phone:
    • Press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
    • If that doesn’t work, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot.
    • If neither of these work, go to your phone manufacturer’s support site for help.
  3. At the bottom left, you’ll find a preview of your screenshot. On some phones, at the top of the screen, you'll find screenshot capture
    Screenshot

Pupp

You need to set the phone to transfer files. Some of the older Samsung phones for sure, will default to charging only, or they will briefly ask you what you want to do, and if you don't reply fast enough, it permanently defaults to "charge phone when connected to a computer", and then you have to go into settings or something and manually switch it to allow file transfers. You need to do this on the phone side first, before Windows 10 can access the files.

You'll have to look up online the specifics for whichever model phone your using.

Status
Not open for further replies.