Weird Laptop Fan

xkaylx

I have a dell precision model m50. I recently had a fan replaced as I thought the bearings had gone (even though the laptop isn't very old), the fans were also cleaned and cooling gel was put on them. As soon as I got home I noticed that still one of the fans doesn't work (I think it's the same one)... it doesn't even try. One of the fans kicks in and is very quiet but because its working on its own within a few seconds it goes really fast and gets noisy. My laptop doesnt ever crash from overheating but I do have problems watching videos e.g. YouTube which is what I use the laptop for. Does anybody know what the problem is and how I should go about fixing it? It's just confused me.

PohTayToez

You sure it's not kicking on? I had a friend with a Dell laptop, and the main fan wouldn't turn on until it started to get hot... the only problem was that it wouldn't turn on until it got TOO hot... it would kick up and then a few seconds later the laptop would power off from overheating. Yours might have a wacky temperature sensor like that one.

xkaylx

No the two fans used to kick in at the same time and there was no problem watching video, until one day all that suddenly changed. A new problem i've also noticed is that on my task manager processors are close to 100%, ive got a free spyware programme and ran a search on my computer but nothings changed.