Weird problem.

spacedude89

So for the last 6 months or so my computer has been having trouble starting up.

It will turn on, the videocard fan will stay on, and it will restart itself.

In order to get it to actually turn on, I have to wait for 8 seconds while it's trying to start up, then switch it off, and then it will restart and the fan will turn on for half a second like it's supposed to.

It's such a weird problem that I'm having trouble troubleshooting it.

Nanobyte

Did you add any hardware around the time this started to happen, like a more powerful graphic card, additional HDD?

.....and the fan will turn on for half a second like it's supposed to.....
What sort of fan is that? Should it read "turn on after half a second"?

Edit: Got hold of manual - assume refers to PSU fan operating in one of the silent modes.

Last edited:

spacedude89

Did you add any hardware around the time this started to happen, like a more powerful graphic card, additional HDD?

What sort of fan is that? Should it read "turn on after half a second"?

Not really. It would occasionally not turn on, and I would have to restart it. But after a while it became more common until It takes three or four tries to even turn it in.

The fan is the Videocard fan. When I turn on the computer and it works like it's supposed to the fan turns on 100% for a second then back down to 10% or w/e. If the videocard fan turns on and stays on full speed then it will be stuck in a reboot loop.

I don't know if the videocard has anything to do with the problem, but it's the only visible/audible thing.