Weird Windows Vista Icon Problem

Acez

After uninstalling Stardock's My Colors skinning program, my Windows Vista is now in a really weird situation. My Start Menu folder icons in All Program, as well as well as the ones within C:/ Drive such as Windows Explorer, they are not showing the regular folder icons but an "unknown file type" icon. There are also those weird icons for "Removable Disks"

I have tried reseting the Icon Cache file and the Registry for Icon but no hope. Please refer to screenshot.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 2,093
this has happend to my friend what you need to do is
go download stardock again
then install it
go to theme manager
and click windows xp then everything will reset to windows xp
if that doesnt work click on one of the stardock themes then apply it then apply the windows theme,
this happend on my friend because he uninstalled before he switched themes back to windows xp and he was pissed about his icons lol
if that doesnt work idk

chibicitiberiu

this has happend to my friend what you need to do is
go download stardock again
then install it
go to theme manager
and click windows xp then everything will reset to windows xp
if that doesnt work click on one of the stardock themes then apply it then apply the windows theme,
this happend on my friend because he uninstalled before he switched themes back to windows xp and he was pissed about his icons lol
if that doesnt work idk

That's not xp, that is vista man

mac550

mmmm that's odd, try changing the icon profile within Stardock and then change it back to what you want. try uninstalling Stardock and reinstall it. try setting your vista scheme to vista basic then put it back to aero. if you have tried that and it still do work then i dont know, apart from resetting each icon (you gotta be really bored to do that) or reinstall vista

ShoringFan

maybe some problems with ur ICON set are caused by uninstall that program,
just try to reinstall it, and use it to default system style.