we've got a problem space station.

Fure6

I haven't been on this website at all for a freaking long time (maybe 4 months?) but i tryed to do a search for an old thread a couple days ago, and the search thing wouldn't pop up (pic 1. sorry bout the distortion) so i had to right click, copy shortcut, and paiste. I couldn't figure out why it was doing this until tonight when i was bord and i was just looking at everything on this site so i pressed quick links (pic 2. sorry bout the distortion again). Now i know that it's the ads that is blocking the menus.

can you guys fix this?

If this has been like this for a long time, keep in mind that i haven't been on this website forever! :eek:

Last edited:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
That's what happens when you prefer a fancy browser over a good one.
Open the site in IE (instead of Firefox) and everything will be fine... :)

Fure6

first of all, it is avant browser that i'm using, but i understand why you couldn't clearly make it out b/c of how distorted the images were.

second of all, it happens in internet explorer and aol too.

image one is EI and image two is aol.

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
I noticed this too, and I'm browsing with Opera, but I don't get this problem on IE, which makes your problem more strange. And I actually did just try over on Firefox just now, that one actually displays the search options fine over the advert.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Others have this problem too. A solution for Opera would be this one: Preferences / Page Style / uncheck Enable Inline Frames.

What version of IE do you have? I didn't find this problem mentioned for IE 6...

I saw on a forum that the admins changed something in the php code and the ads are no longer in front of the drop-down menus. Unfortunately they didn't mentioned what changes they made...

Last edited:

Fure6

hmmm...well, i haven't done any updates after i just installed win2000 so maybe i just need to update to IE6? yea, probably.

ps. three numbers: 28.8(kb/sec)

Last edited: