What a good antivirus ?

sadeq

Today we have huge number of antivirus, but I don't know which one is the best one?
For Windows Vista

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Avast free. Choose to do a custom install. I'll send image when I get back on my pc.

Agent Smith

Bitdefender Free is light weight and just as good.

Anti-virus programs are definition based, and as such zero-day malware will get past, like ransomware. So if I were you, in addition to using an anti-virus solution check out Sandboxie. They have their own forum for help. Sandboxie will run your browser in a virtual environment called a sandbox that doesn't touch your computer. So everything that's in the browser never touches your computer. What I have to do however, at reduced security is allow full access to the browser profile. That way bookmarks/favorites and updates stick. Actually, in order to update the browser you have to run without the sandbox.

This is how I set up my parents and aunts computer. Also, when you download a file you click recover in the pop up. If recover shows up and you didn't download something DO NOT recover. Close browser, right click the sandbox icon in the taskbar and empty sandbox.

I would also scan all files at Virus total.

You have to take a proactive approach to security and stay one step ahead of the bad guys. Above all else, common sense goes a long way surfing the Internet.