What brand laptop do you prefer?

What brand laptop do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X24

i didn't even know NEC made laptops.....lol, ohwell, and yes sony has awesome laptops IMO, but a tad to expensive for me.

4W4K3

VIP Member
IBM's are tough, but they are expensive and not for gaming/performance
Dell's are average, but the plastic casing of my old one and overall quality was crap
Compaq's are OK, my mom has one taht isn't half bad
Sony's look nice, but internals are crap

Personally I'd have to say Averatec or Acer. Averatec because they are cheap, Acer because you get performance for your money, and they aren't priced too bad.

Personally I'd rather do a barebones laptop than buy any manufactured one. So Other it is.

vortmax

Personally I'd go with Toshiba. They tend to be pretty solid. Altho I do own a DELL and absolutly love it. I think the key to any laptop is to not buy the bottom of the line model. Anything that has "onboard" something or another isn't going to be as good as one that they have to spec out the entire thing.

So you get what you pay for

sab2008

Personally I'd go with Toshiba. They tend to be pretty solid. Altho I do own a DELL and absolutly love it. I think the key to any laptop is to not buy the bottom of the line model. Anything that has "onboard" something or another isn't going to be as good as one that they have to spec out the entire thing.

So you get what you pay for

I'll have to ask a "duh" question, what does it mean to have it "onboard" vs. one that hey have to spec out the entire thing.

Forgive us newbies, ok?
:rolleyes:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Yeah, you should make a new one, this poll is missing many brands. Make sure to add:

Asus, Acer, Lenovo (instead of IBM), Fujitsu, Averatech,

and get rid of Compaq, as it was bought out by HP.

Last edited:

cohen

Yeah, you should make a new one, this poll is making many brands. Make sure to add:

Asus, Acer, Lenovo (instead of IBM), Fujitsu, Averatech,

and get rid of Compaq, as it was bought out by HP.

Alright, done, starting now, i'll post a link when done.