What CIS should I get for my Epson 7610?

skeeter_ca

Ink prices are killing me. Tried the cheap refilled carts but they give me a lot of problems and have to throw half of them in the trash. Want to get a Continuous Ink System(CIS) but not sure what kind. I print out black and white plans but it is the full color 37 page information packets i sell that use a lot of ink. Any suggestions on a brand to get?

skeeter

_Pete_

I have looked at these systems and as far as I can see there isn't a recomended CIS system for any Epson printers. I also have a 7610 and I use clones but I don't have any problems. I do take the advice of something I read online about keeping the heads from blocking with inkjet printers. that was to turn them off and back on every day. It does use ink as the printer does a purge when it is switched back on but that is the idea of it. There are various continuous ink systems advertised on Ebay but none specifically for Epson. Would it not pay you to buy a colour laser printer. The initial outlay is more expensive but page for page they are much cheaper than inkjets.

skeeter_ca

Well, InkXPro seems to sell several systems for the 7610.

http://www.inkxpro.com/Continuous-I...10-7610-7620-p/ciss-epson-workfore-7610-p.htm

http://www.inkxpro.com/Continuous-Ink-System-CISS-Epson-WF-3640-7610-7620-p/se252peco.htm

http://www.inkxpro.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ciss-epson-workfore-7610-xp

I can't really tell the difference with them and the reviews are good but of course they are on their website, so take that with a grain of salt.

Then there's.....

http://www.inkuten.com/4-refillable...100ml-dye-ink-auto-reset-chips-arc-24271.html

No good reviews on that one......

Anyone have any experience with any of these?

skeeter

_Pete_

I didn't say there weren't any CIS for an Epson 7610 or any other printer for that matter. What I did say was that none are recommended, as you have found out. I still think that using an inkjet printer to do the volume work that you appear to be doing is grossly false economy but that is up to you. The only cartridges that Epson, or any other printer manufacturer for that matter, recommend are their own brands which are stupidly expensive. Epson, as far as I am aware, do not make a CIS for any of their printers and neither do any other manufacturers, as far as I am aware, therefore you are limited to third party suppliers and all the manufacturers do not recommend third party inks. Anyway your obviously hell bent on using an inkjet to do what you want to so I am out of here. hopefully someone else can help.

skeeter_ca

I was replying "wow" to your Ranting how i was "hell bent" and your accusing me of stating you were wrong about CIS systems availability. I am not going to get in an argument about whether there are any manufacturer recommended CIS systems. It is obvious that would never happen. They make to much money on ink carts. I never asked for a manufacturer "recommended" CIS system. Thank you for your opinion but you really don't need to get nasty about it. And just a tip: If you say "I am out of here" usually means you won't make anymore comments on the thread, but you just can't seem to resist.

I was hoping to get someone's opinion that has used or heard good things or bad about CIS systems.

skeeter

_Pete_

Don't be such a big baby. I did give my opinions on CIS. They may not have been the opinions you wanted to hear seeing as though you completely ignored my opinion that what you are trying to do with an inkjet is not really feasable. Yes I cannot resist coming back into a thread and one thing is for absolute sure if I want to re-enter a thread I will and I will do it without asking for yours or anyone elses permission. I am the only one who has commented on your post maybe that tells you something.

skeeter_ca

Again, wow. "Not really feasible". Try watching a few YouTube videos before you type something or you may look like a.....well, nevermind. I'm not gonna go there. I'll let you do it.

skeeter

Ink jet printing is suitable for small-scale jobs, limited by the capacity of the ink cartridges. The technology (esp. the implementation of it) is crap.

And CIS is a just kludge on top of that crap.

If you want more capacity you really need to abandon ink jet and move to a laser printer.

_Pete_

Ink jet printing is suitable for small-scale jobs, limited by the capacity of the ink cartridges. The technology (esp. the implementation of it) is crap.

And CIS is a just kludge on top of that crap.

If you want more capacity you really need to abandon ink jet and move to a laser printer.

I do believe that I have already told this clown that but he is hell bent on going his own way and trying to start an argument. Hopefully he's gone somewhere else.

skeeter_ca

Hmm...... I wonder why Epson came out with EcoTank versions of there printers? I suppose those aren't feasible either. Just a pie in the sky dream.

skeeter

skeeter_ca

Oh...... just to let any know that is interested. I purchased the InkXPro CIS System. Installed and it is working great. Will update in awhile to let anyone interested how it is going.

skeeter