• A

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • B

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • C

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

way2evil

so i have the option to pick a new internet connection. i was wondering what you guys think based on the speed/price. Currently I have cable which maxes out at 15/2 (rarely) for $49.99/mo

A) 20/5 $49.99
B) 20/20 $64.99
C) 50/5 $89.95

Geoff

VIP Member
Do you mean 20KBps down and 5KBps up? Those are pretty low download speeds, only 5 times faster download then dial-up and the same upload.

Unless you mean 20Mbps/5Mbps. It would really help if we knew what you were talking about.

Jet

VIP Member
Since you are having a hard time maxing out your current plan, why don't you just get option A?

Geoff

VIP Member
Honestly unless you are hosting a server, I see no reason why you would need 20Mbps upload, 5Mbps should be more then enough.

apj101

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];802885 said:
Honestly unless you are hosting a server, I see no reason why you would need 20Mbps upload, 5Mbps should be more then enough.
agreed, even with a moderate download profile 5Mbps should be ok

way2evil

I'm just asking to pick which one based on speed. The price for all three would be within 5 or 10 dollars when I negotiate it

AdmnPower

VIP Member
where in the world would you be getting 20 meg down AND up for only 64 bucks. No one ever seems to give out that kind of upload speed.

apj101

VIP Member
I'm just asking to pick which one based on speed. The price for all three would be within 5 or 10 dollars when I negotiate it

oh I see, well in that case get the 50/5, (but i doubt you'll ever see performance increase over 20/20). Assuming price is no issue

way2evil

Verizon fios offers these connections. Andabout the speed, I thought the same thing but I have been asurred that I would see no less than a 2mbit/sec drop in speed, ever

hyPoxxx.dll

Check if optimum online is in your area. They are also fiber. They offer 30m/5.

That is what im currently using and paying $40 a month.

way2evil

I have optimum now and it sucks. Its not fiber optic and the speeds constantly change. Plus, you get optimums "award winning" service