What CPU cooler....

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
What one should i aim for, AM2 socket around $30 no more..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185125
i was looking at this one but im not sure if it will fit, my ram is close to the HSF as it is...
you might be able to see from this pic.
DSCF1843.jpg

Also if i get that one should i buy new paste?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Yeah that will fit.

I think they come with paste on them already, just take the clear plastic off and install to mobo. Clean the old paste off the CPU first though.

ok, you dont think i should buy Arctic silver 5?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
im still debating on it, its big and alot of reviews are complaining about it breaking the retention module...:eek:

Burgerbob

If you dont get that, then the Zalman CNPS9000 series is great. Took my temps 10C down with the stuff that came with it.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Yeah, i thinks it $48 on newegg...i might be able to do that

Any other alternatives? the arctic freezer just seems a bit scary from the wieght and reviews...man im wanting somthing new so i can overclock this thing...:p

Last edited:

WeatherGeek

Yeah, i thinks it $48 on newegg...i might be able to do that

Any other alternatives? the arctic freezer just seems a bit scary from the wieght and reviews...man im wanting somthing new so i can overclock this thing...:p

My Tuniq Tower 120 (with AS5) took the temps on my C2D down about 15C full load from what they were with the stock intel HSF with AS5. The tuniq is compatible with AM2 i believe, double check. Its 55 or 60 on FrozenCPU tho. It is quite large, but I can confirm it fits in the NZXT Apollo, as thats what i have :D

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
bump

i shouldnt have any problems with it being 3 pin? has anyone else used a similar zalman?....it should be here in a few days, just hope i ordered a good one :)