What determines the FPS??

evil-xxx

[-0MEGA-];907794 said:
The problem most likely isn't that theres a noticeable difference between 70 and 200FPS, but rather that when you have an average of 70FPS, it often dips down to the 50's and 60's.

You should turn VSYNC on if you want to have a more stable framerate (if your computer can already handle 60+ FPS).

ok,I dont know what came over me but I gotta figure it out.

Cameron

Couldn't quote my sources, but I had heard VSYNC and triple buffering are bad if you are going for the best quality image.

Also, I usually run FPS of up to 120 or 130 in TF2 but it is not smooth. When I cap the FPS to 60, it runs perfectly smooth. Why is this?

Vizy

WTF, i got this, it was halos fault my fps was LOCKED at 30, it says it does it to get the smoothest gameplay, i went to settings and turned it off to vsync, but i might keep it locked to get the best performance, no wonder...

Powder Toast

I do have to say some programs can have an effect on fps through bad scripting. At the moment, Guild Wars 2 is experiencing this issue with all systems dropping FPS since a recent update. Running Gtx 970 4gig, 16g ram, 5th gen i7 quad, Pro SSD, 4.0 ghz and still crap FPS. In some cases, the system can be great, but the program can be created poorly.

Geoff

VIP Member
I do have to say some programs can have an effect on fps through bad scripting. At the moment, Guild Wars 2 is experiencing this issue with all systems dropping FPS since a recent update. Running Gtx 970 4gig, 16g ram, 5th gen i7 quad, Pro SSD, 4.0 ghz and still crap FPS. In some cases, the system can be great, but the program can be created poorly.
Why did you bump a 7 year old thread?