what do I do, startup issue

micali

What the heck is this? I went to msconfig went to start up and deseleted a couple of items I didn't want to run at startup and now I am getting an error. I went back and changed it back to what it was but it still pops up.
It says that it can't run or load a file. The wierd thing is there is no name just a bunch of little squares and symbols.

It says that it could not load "file name" in the registry make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

I went back to msconfig, startup and found the files that it says it can't run or load and these are the names.
Hkcu\software\microsoft\windowsnt\currentversion\w indows:run

Hkcu\software\microsoft\windowsnt\currentversion\w indows:load

what do I do

micali

this error only pops up when the computer is rebooted. I do not see any issues because it says it can't load/run. It is very annoying.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Please do not create multiple threads on various forums with the same post in it.

Instead of telling us the location information displayed in msconfig, post the command and startup item names of the entries you are having trouble with.

micali

Sorry posted in the wrong place the first time. I did however post the same question in a different thread because that is were I got the info from to try it in the first place.

Ok, I don't think it will help you much. It is "', that is the file name. Does that help? the next one is "9ΩƯ‬'. I've never heard of this before have u?

The CPU gives me an error that says that it could not load "" in the registry make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry. something very similar to that.

it could not load ""9ΩƯ‬" in the registry make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry

SFR

Truth fears no questions
micali said:
Sorry posted in the wrong place the first time. I did however post the same question in a different thread because that is were I got the info from to try it in the first place.

Ok, I don't think it will help you much. It is "', that is the file name. Does that help? the next one is "9ΩƯ‬'. I've never heard of this before have u?

The CPU gives me an error that says that it could not load "" in the registry make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry. something very similar to that.

it could not load ""9ΩƯ‬" in the registry make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry

yeah... the doesnt help. I would FIRST suggest you let an anti-virus and a spy/adware program take first dibs on trying to fix the problem. I use Norton Systemworks' "WinDoctor" which would fix this kind of registry error.