What do i need now?!?!

andyobmonkey

I have recently upgraded my computer and i do not know wot i need to buy next, i need sum help..plz ne advice will be greatly apriciated!!

my specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
PC chips M848A Motherboard
512MB DDR RAM
XFX Nvidia Geforce FX 5700LE
Sound Blaster 5.1
Hitachi 160GB + IBM 30GB Hard drives
DVD-R/RW + CD-R/RW ROMs
LG Flatron 15" LCD Screen
iCute ATX Case (Window, 2 L.E.D fans + 2 Cold Cathode strip lights)

i need sum advice, plz!

andyobmonkey

plz!! sum1 give me sum advice!! i need it! (btw i mainly use my computer for playing games and playin MP3s or DVD movies

andyobmonkey

i was thinkin of a new mobo, oh i also have another 2 fans in my case, all concentrated on the mobo, will that be enough cooling?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
nothing over £150, i'm only 14!!
Good god £150 is some serious overkill for an AMD mobo. You can get the baseline Asus A7N8X-X for £40 and all the way to the top end A7N8X-E Deluxe or the NF7S for £55 ... granted prices are plenty higher on the other side of the pond but still, £150 is plenty overkill

Grimulus

yeah...i would first go with another 512mb ram.

new motherboard.

cooling like praetor said.

and a bigger monitor...15" is often horrendous for gaming...if you go LCD make sure you get a fast response time.(the new benq is awesome, i like my samsung a lot as well. both have 12ms response times)

i would go in that order if you have a budget...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
yeah...i would first go with another 512mb ram.
Whoa.... 512MB is plenty for most people -- hell I played Doom3 on 512MB and that worked fine; unless you're seeing something i'm missing (which is possible as ive not slept yet), wouldnt it be a much better option to get away from the SiS and go NF2?