What do i need to play CoD4

Vizy

Hey guys, its me and my comp is in my sig. i knw i need some stuff to help me play the game, but what do u guys think i need? i knw gpu for sure, anything else? is my cpu ok? RAM?

Twist86

Well I don't see a Graphics Card in your sig.

My sister could run CoD4 with a Athlon 64 4000+ single core 256mb 7600GT PCI-e g-card and 4gb of memory on medium settings with high on graphics.

So you should be fine long as you have at the very least a 128mb graphics card but anymore 256mb is the "avg" for a g-card given whats out there. A class 8 card would be best.

Vizy

thnx for ur replies, my budget...say under $70 usd??? im using integrated grapfix :D as of now. will this also play tdu? i have one pci ex x16? ide prefer an ati gpu, if u guys would suggest some? ive been eying te hd's

teamhex

thnx for ur replies, my budget...say under $70 usd??? im using integrated grapfix :D as of now. will this also play tdu? i have one pci ex x16? ide prefer an ati gpu, if u guys would suggest some? ive been eying te hd's

Dude your going to have do better then that on the G card, you prob will have to spend at least 150 to play it on high.

Last edited:

Calibretto

VIP Member
Dude your going to have do better then that on the G card, you prob will have to spend at least 150 to play it ok.

You don't have to spend $150 on card to play CoD4. $70 will get you a decent card that will play CoD4 on medium settings. I have an X800XL that I bought for $80 years ago. It's probably worth like $40 or $50 now.

People are so gung-ho about video cards these days.

teamhex

You don't have to spend $150 on card to play CoD4. $70 will get you a decent card that will play CoD4 on medium settings. I have an X800XL that I bought for $80 years ago. It's probably worth like $40 or $50 now.

People are so gung-ho about video cards these days.

Psssh yeah right(that card is crap). Maybe on low, if your going to buy a graphics card dont waste your money. Your going to want a more powerful one later. Get something thats going to be good for awhile.

Twist86

I agree a 512mb 8600 nvidia card is both 120-140 bucks and its pretty powerful.

Like I said before my sisters 256mb EVGA 7600GT could run the game on medium settings. So a 8600 would easily last you a year or so for future releases.

IF you really have only 70 bucks id try this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130075

I used it last year before upgrading to a 8800GT and this is the same model my sister is using to play CoD4.

Down sides of the 7600GT sadly is no Dx10 and its a older card...I would try to get the extra up for a 8600 512mb card though.

Last edited:

Calibretto

VIP Member
Psssh yeah right(that card is crap). Maybe on low, if your going to buy a graphics card dont waste your money.

The X800XL is one of the best cards of its kind. Just ask any knowledgeable person here. I can easily play CoD4 on medium to high settings.

PunterCam

COD4 isn't that computer hungry - for once a half decently programmed game. The computer specs are plenty for medium settings, I ran it on med with a 7300gt, and they're pennies to buy