What do I need to water cool my build?

PFST

I need to know what I would need to water cool my system, I can't stand the fact I bought a "K" CPU and I can hardly OC it.
I also would like to watercool my GPU, I might as well.

I don't have a budget but I can't spend a fortune, also prices need to be in GBP as I live in the UK.

What I have:
CPU: Intel i5-6600k
Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF 935 (Bought because I wanted to watercool in the future and I was thinking about 360 rads)
PSU: Corsair RM850i
Optical drive: Some cheap LG Blu-Ray drive.
Operating System: W10

Last edited:

Laquer Head

Have you ever watercooled before? Do you know how to build a system properly, leak test,..etc etc? If you have, then you'd know every custom loop is different and a "parts list" will vary from setup to setup.

If no, perhaps a AIO cooler like a Corsair Hydro series unit would be a better plan, as Water Cooling isn't for beginners!

What cooler are you using to cool the system currently?

PFST

Have you ever watercooled before? Do you know how to build a system properly, leak test,..etc etc? If you have, then you'd know every custom loop is different and a "parts list" will vary from setup to setup.
I have a friend that is willing to help me watercool (He knows what he is doing), So I don't have to worry. My system is already built so that question is obvious.

If no, perhaps a AIO cooler like a Corsair Hydro series unit would be a better plan, as Water Cooling isn't for beginners!
I want to OC my GPU, so I would need to find a cooler for that.

What cooler are you using to cool the system currently?
I'm currently using a Hyper 212 EVO, I needed something to cool my CPU as the CPU dosen't come with a cooler, so I just bought something with a good rating and that was cheap.

I'm only asking what I would need to buy and what brands I should be buying from, my friend told me to shop around but didn't give me a list of what I need to get.

Laquer Head

I have a friend that is willing to help me watercool (He knows what he is doing), So I don't have to worry. My system is already built so that question is obvious.

I want to OC my GPU, so I would need to find a cooler for that.

I'm currently using a Hyper 212 EVO, I needed something to cool my CPU as the CPU dosen't come with a cooler, so I just bought something with a good rating and that was cheap.

I'm only asking what I would need to buy and what brands I should be buying from, my friend told me to shop around but didn't give me a list of what I need to get.

I more meant do you know how to build a water cooled setup..not the actual machine.

As for the GPU, I like the blocks and components through EKWB, they aren't cheap but great variety of products.

As for a 'list'..custom loops are just that..custom..you need to decide how you want to run stuff, but you need a res, pump, tubes, coolant, rads, fans, waterblock, compression fittings..etc.etc