What do I need?

deanj20

Hey CF!

So I used to have this cool little dongle that would plug into my truck cigarette lighter. It would take a flash drive or a 3.5mm audio input and broadcast it to a FM frequency so I could listen to it on my radio.

This was all good and great, but the playback quality was kind of "staticky" sometimes, and I'd have to change the FM frequency to get a cleaner signal.

Anyway, my truck stereo has an auxiliary input that takes a 3.5mm jack. Is there a dongle that will take a USB drive and play whatever music is on it to a 3.5mm out that I could plug into my stereo?

I could just buy a MP3 player - but, meh - I have a 16GB flash drive with DamnSmallLinux and other utilities on it that I keep on my keychain - it would be the tits if I could just plug that in and jam out when I'm on the go...

So whadya think?

jamesd1981

cant say ive ever seen such an item, closest i know of is there are some cheaper vehicle cd players that have usb ports and card readers

deanj20

What I used to have are available just about anywhere - I got mine at Walmart. Something like this:

Now I want something that is almost identical, but instead of transmitting to an FM frequency, it just has a 3.5mm audio out... but I can't seem to find anything like it... :confused:
[edit] please not that the above device has a 3.5mm in - I want one with a 3.5mm out[/edit]