What do you expect from windows 7

diroga

It will come bundled with IE 8.

Hopefully they have better UI, some thing like OS X and compiz.

Irishwhistle

What I want it to be: A great OS that is very secure (without having security popups), very compatible, and is very nice looking and customizable. Pretty much, what Vista was supposed to be.

What I expect from it: I expect it to be worse than Vista, which was worse than XP. It will have security popups every 5 seconds and still wont be as secure as XP. It will be even less compatible than Vista, but maybe this is a good thing because there won't be any compatible viruses. The only way to customize it will be to buy WindowBlinds for $50 (or whatever it costs) and that'll slow the system down.

Matt_91

To fix all the security problems they'd probably have to rewrite the kernel entirely to make all viruses incompatible. But then everything else will be incompatible.

The final nail in Microsoft's coffin. Fingers crossed. ;)
lol, probably

What I want it to be: A great OS that is very secure (without having security popups), very compatible, and is very nice looking and customizable. Pretty much, what Vista was supposed to be.

What I expect from it: I expect it to be worse than Vista, which was worse than XP. It will have security popups every 5 seconds and still wont be as secure as XP. It will be even less compatible than Vista, but maybe this is a good thing because there won't be any compatible viruses. The only way to customize it will be to buy WindowBlinds for $50 (or whatever it costs) and that'll slow the system down.

Sadly, I can't help but agree that those expectations are probably right

vonfeldt7

i want windows 7 not to be stupid like Vista..lol am kidding,
but the environment needs to be backwards compatible, meaning can run EXE's that were created in the 1998 days..

as for the look, well they should put a dock.. i know once they do this Apple will go haywire

I heard that they were completely starting from scratch on it, so I doubt ANYTHING will be compatible with it. (Although I guess they're trying to make a commercial version that'll contain the old libraries of code so it'll be compatible with old software...idk I'm sure they'll figure something out).

I don't ever get any virus' with Vista. I hardly ever run AVG. Vista seems pretty secure with me. There's only been one program that I've used that wasn't compatible with vista, so compatibility is no problem for me.

The thing I REALLY want from the next version of Windows, is a nice GUI like Compiz Fusion. (that doesn't take 2 8800 Ultras in SLI and a Q6600 with 8GB of RAM to run).

Rothzael

no they changed the name to window 7 and it was going to be called
Blackcomb

Don't get hyped up on the name. Vista was going to be Longhorn. They are liable to change the name at the last second. Starting fresh is bad design. They will once again put some addons to NT and some fancy graphics and that will be that.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i cant wait to se what they come out with,BUT by then i suppose it will require alot of processing power and even more ram than vista needs today to run smooth.

i hope they dont just some new features and make it look better.

i dont think they will start from scratch,just continue from where vista is.

patrickv

i cant wait to se what they come out with,BUT by then i suppose it will require alot of processing power and even more ram than vista needs today to run smooth.

i can imagine, most people cannot upgrade to vista cause of the price of the OS plus the moolah to buy new hardware or even upgrade a proper Core series processor.
i do hope they don't screw it up like they did with vista, way to many unneeded stuff, and that so call Aero interface,which was not needed at all in my op, am not impressed. MS in you're reading this, do make something nice and easy, not ram hungry :rolleyes:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i do hope they don't screw it up like they did with vista

personaly i love vista,its faster..looks better and overall better than Xp but everyone has their own opinions :)

i bet they will put a $$$ price tag on it though been greedy as they are.

if they do i think many people will switch to alternative operating systems.

it would be nice if somehow Linux became able to run windows software and games,there would be ALOT of people moving to linux then.

Irishwhistle

personaly i love vista,its faster..looks better and overall better than Xp but everyone has their own opinions :)

i bet they will put a $$$ price tag on it though been greedy as they are.

if they do i think many people will switch to alternative operating systems.

it would be nice if somehow Linux became able to run windows software and games,there would be ALOT of people moving to linux then.

I've heard Cedega runs most Windows games really well on Linux. With Google funding the Linux port of Photoshop, Linux just might get a lot more popular in a couple years.

JlCollins005

if linux could recognize filetypes and programs that windows could run it would be awesome, but as of right now we have WINE lol which if u know nothing about like myself is hard to use.