• Cable

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Sattelite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

m0nk3ys1ms

What type of connection do you guys perfer?

Dial-Up
DSL
Cable
Sattelite
Other

I like DSL myself, what about you guys?

Geoff

VIP Member
i like DSL aswell, although i never had cable. But with cable your connection is shared with your neighbors, and DSL isnt.

m0nk3ys1ms

[-0MEGA-] said:
i like DSL aswell, although i never had cable. But with cable your connection is shared with your neighbors, and DSL isnt.

i had Adelphia cable internet, it sucked. it had no protection what so ever, had to rebuild twice because of it.

skidude

I have Adelphia cable, love it. Wicked fast, especially with my games (my ping in CSS is always under 80). Im not complaining about cable.

m0nk3ys1ms

skidude said:
I have Adelphia cable, love it. Wicked fast, especially with my games (my ping in CSS is always under 80). Im not complaining about cable.

ill also have to admit it was very fast, but i got it when it first came out

mikekelly

skidude said:

I guess your ping is more decided on what location and server you connecting too not your own connection, that 80 ping record would soon look like 200 if you played someone in Russia.

Personally I have only tried DSL and good 'ol dial up but I live in the Uk and cable isnt widespread, thats said and done cable dont offer faster speeds than most other ISP, i think its more bandwith allocztion related and service.

Southy

between Cable or DSL...... DSL wins hands down.... Cable sucks big time, its alright if you cant get nothing better but otherwise its slow.

If I had the choice, I would go Fiberoptic line as well