• Sattelite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

4W4K3

VIP Member
Southy said:
between Cable or DSL...... DSL wins hands down.... Cable sucks big time, its alright if you cant get nothing better but otherwise its slow.

If I had the choice, I would go Fiberoptic line as well

How is Cable slow? In most residential areas Cable is much faster than DSL, and is much more reliable.

56 = cheap, but too slow for practical use.
DSL = in my experiences, very un-reliable, decent speeds, overpriced
Cable = expensive, but fast and very reliable
Satellite = reliability issues, WAY expensive

Overall I choose Cable. DSL can be decent if you have a reliable connection...but for a couple more bucks a month I'm gettin 2X the speed with Cable, and no reliability issues.

I have Optimum Online from Cablevision...it's pretty good, the highest i've clocked my connection at is about 10mbps down. Opt online has this service now called Boost, it's only like $15/month more than current opt online and its speeds are ~30mbps down.

Southy

4W4K3 said:
How is Cable slow? In most residential areas Cable is much faster than DSL, and is much more reliable.

56 = cheap, but too slow for practical use.
DSL = in my experiences, very un-reliable, decent speeds, overpriced
Cable = expensive, but fast and very reliable
Satellite = reliability issues, WAY expensive

Overall I choose Cable. DSL can be decent if you have a reliable connection...but for a couple more bucks a month I'm gettin 2X the speed with Cable, and no reliability issues.

In my experience having used both cable and DSL lines, cable was definately the slowest and most unreliable of the two.
I have also reached speeds of up to triple the speed of my cable line with the DSL line. I do agree though, both are way overpriced.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
computermaineack said:
I have Optimum Online from Cablevision...it's pretty good, the highest i've clocked my connection at is about 10mbps down. Opt online has this service now called Boost, it's only like $15/month more than current opt online and its speeds are ~30mbps down.

30mbps for $15/month!? I only get 5mbps and i pay like 30bucks a month...

edit: oo..15 bucks more =P my bad

i.Angel

Cable pretty good... but when my neighbor gets on it lags horribly... idk what she does over there but with all the lag I get she must be pwning on CS:S, downloading music, and streaming tv shows off the net' :(...lol

m0nk3ys1ms

liuliuboy said:
30mbps for $15/month!? I only get 5mbps and i pay like 30bucks a month...

edit: oo..15 bucks more =P my bad

i must be getting ripped off because i think i get 1.5mbps from Verizon DSL and its 30 bucks a month.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
monkeysims said:
i must be getting ripped off because i think i get 1.5mbps from Verizon DSL and its 30 bucks a month.

lol yeah you are, you should switch to fios if you can get it. That's what my family did.