Intel Core i5 2500K / 3.3 GHz

Arctic Silver 5 Premium Silver 3.5g

Fractal Design Define R3

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked

OCZ Vertex 4 Series 520gb

SilverStone Strider ST75F Gold-G 1

MSI Z77A-GD55

Subtotal:€1817.71

What do you guys think? When the Ivy series comes out, i will upgrade!

M1kkelZR

Yeah looks good. where are you getting these from may I ask? As I saw you live in the netherlands and Im curious lol

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks a very nice build,Although i would honestly wait for Ivy Bridge it should not be too long away now,I heard the 29th of April for UK.

Or if you Really cant wait just get a cheap 1155 CPU such as the Pentium G620 just to tie you over until Ivy comes out,Don't see the point in spending all that money for a 2500K when its going to get replaced very shortly.

Feddy

Looks a very nice build,Although i would honestly wait for Ivy Bridge it should not be too long away now,I heard the 29th of April for UK.

Or if you Really cant wait just get a cheap 1155 CPU such as the Pentium G620 just to tie you over until Ivy comes out,Don't see the point in spending all that money for a 2500K when its going to get replaced very shortly.

You speak the truth man! What do you think the Ivy price will be?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
You speak the truth man! What do you think the Ivy price will be?

Not a clue,I've not seen anything legit showing prices, but when sandy bridge was released i thought they were decently priced so hopefully Ivy will be too.

My next upgrade will be Ivy as well. :)

Perkomate

By everything i've heard Ivy will be priced pretty damn closely to what Sandy was around it's launch. Sort of, look at the 2500K and 2600K, then at the equivalent in Ivy, and you'll have ~ the prices of them.

Feddy

By everything i've heard Ivy will be priced pretty damn closely to what Sandy was around it's launch. Sort of, look at the 2500K and 2600K, then at the equivalent in Ivy, and you'll have ~ the prices of them.

Do we know how ivy will compare to 2500k?

Will it be a big boost or?

Perkomate

~5-10% according to the rumblings. Nothing to write home about. If you really REALLY need to upgrade now, then do it and you won't regret it much, but hold out for a few weeks and you'll be able to buy into Ivy.

Feddy

~5-10% according to the rumblings. Nothing to write home about. If you really REALLY need to upgrade now, then do it and you won't regret it much, but hold out for a few weeks and you'll be able to buy into Ivy.

Thanks for the information! Yah I will just wait a little I think it's worth it:)