What do you think of this motherboard?

Luke1i1

Hi Guys

What do you think of this motherboard:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/175769

i presume if you wanted to put in ddr3 1800mhz RAM into it you have to set it manually in the bios?

If i bought ddr3 1800mhz ram and put it into this motherboard and set it up in the bios to 1800mhz so the motherboard would recornise it would this be better(faster)then having 1333mhz?

Also would it reduce the 1800mhz RAM's life expectency because i have to set it up manually for it to work?

I'm not entirly sure how this works so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

2048Megabytes

That motherboard is decent quality in my opinion. If the RAM is rated to run at 1800 megahertz it should be fine and have a long life. What processor are you planning on installing?

Luke1i1

That motherboard is decent quality in my opinion. If the RAM is rated to run at 1800 megahertz it should be fine and have a long life. What processor are you planning on installing?

I was going to install my AMD Phenom 965 B.E, although i was only looking at this motherboard as the one i have got is fine. Would this motherboard be future-proof?

I am currently overclocking my 1333MHZ Ram to 1600MHZ do you think this will be ok and what life expextency should i have with it do you think now that i'm overclocking it? I thought about 4 years as most components are rated for 10 i think.

2048Megabytes

If I were you I would look at the Phenom II 955 Black Edition over the Phenom II 965 Processor. It is a better buy and only runs at only a 200 megahertz lower clockspeed.

Hard to say how long your RAM will last if you are overclocking it. It will shorten the lifespan. Nothing is future proof regarding computers, but it is a really good motherboard presently.

Luke1i1

If I were you I would look at the Phenom II 955 Black Edition over the Phenom II 965 Processor. It is a better buy and only runs at only a 200 megahertz lower clockspeed.

Hard to say how long your RAM will last if you are overclocking it. It will shorten the lifespan. Nothing is future proof regarding computers, but it is a really good motherboard presently.

Thanks for the help, i have already got the 965 B.E as it was the best CPU AMD have made so i bought it about 2 months ago.:)