what do you think of this Tablet?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
If you're in a hurry, it seems like one of the decent ones out there. If you can afford to wait, I'd get the Asus Eee Pad Transformer that is supposed to launch sometime this quarter.

Last edited:

AE7

Ethan3.14159

I would disagree, in both of my Linux Magazines I have for this month said that at the convention the xoom took the android based tablets by storm.
Just because it's the best Android tablet doesn't mean it's not a disappointment. It's expensive, and still quite slow given it's hardware. Don't touch any tablet with anything less than Android 3.0. Android 2.2 is dreadful on tablets, and was the downfall of the Galaxy tab. It was fantastically built with good hardware, but was let down by no support from Google.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Just because it's the best Android tablet doesn't mean it's not a disappointment. It's expensive, and still quite slow given it's hardware. Don't touch any tablet with anything less than Android 3.0. Android 2.2 is dreadful on tablets, and was the downfall of the Galaxy tab. It was fantastically built with good hardware, but was let down by no support from Google.

Seemed pretty responsive and quick to me when I used it, not to mention its cpu is outstanding with its Nvidia Tegra 1.0 Ghz dual core. I have always been a huge fan of the Tegra chip since I first used them in the Zune HD. From what I have read and since I do have some experience using it I would say it is the only Android Tablet that stands a chance against the ipad.

ktec

I had this tablet for a week. I think its great. The screen viewing angle issue is exaggerated, it looks great.

Stock OS is not bad either, pretty responsive.
As everyone recommends, if you get the G-tablet its best to root it and install a custom ROM...either Vegan, TNT or something else. It makes it faster, better and more features. Its very powerful, smokes an ipad and when Rooted benchmarkes higher than a Xoom (same processor). XDA Developers is the ultimate site for info on all things android and they have a section for the G tablet.... I say get it!