What do you think of this?

Do you think this is worth the price?

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

goosy22

shoulda just stuck with your dell... lol...

for the money, it's a good deal... i'd buy it if i'd have an extra grand sitting around, but i spent mine on starting a home theater.... lol...

Geoff

VIP Member
shoulda just stuck with your dell... lol...

for the money, it's a good deal... i'd buy it if i'd have an extra grand sitting around, but i spent mine on starting a home theater.... lol...

The Dell I used to have cost me around $1,300 back in March, lol.

My parents just bought a new 42" DLP, 7.1 Home Theater system, and new furniture, so I got a free home theater to. :)

goosy22

[-0MEGA-];441025 said:
The Dell I used to have cost me around $1,300 back in March, lol.

My parents just bought a new 42" DLP, 7.1 Home Theater system, and new furniture, so I got a free home theater to. :)

i know about the dell... and lucky you... damn kids... :p

goosy22

well at least you aren't like 99% of the US... :p... or so it seems... my calculations could be off + or - 1%

fade2green514

well at least you aren't like 99% of the US... :p... or so it seems... my calculations could be off + or - 1%

im 17... paying for college myself ($4200 per year)
payed for my own car ($2300) (on my rents insurance though)
payed for my own computer, probably around $1400 overall...
i pay for all my own clothes...
i pay for a lot of my food, since my parents buy all junk (yes, i eat healthier than my parents)
and i still have enough money leftover to pay for a date or two with a girl (or two haha.. TWINS! jk..)

in fact, probably 99% of my friends work, and pay for a lot of their stuff.
sry, i just think you're wrong.

holyjunk

i pay for a lot of my food, since my parents buy all junk (yes, i eat healthier than my parents)
and i still have enough money leftover to pay for a date or two with a girl (or two haha.. TWINS! jk..)

Jezz where do you work? With Bill Gates? haha. Anyways I respect how you handle your life.

Geoff

VIP Member

Similar to me, but I dont pay for my own college.

Anyways, back on topic :)

ChickenWing

Do you think its really worth it?Cuz if you do,then purchase one...don't ask people for their opinions...some might not want one and some do...really...its your decision.

Geoff

VIP Member
Do you think its really worth it?Cuz if you do,then purchase one...don't ask people for their opinions...some might not want one and some do...really...its your decision.

I know it's mine, and most likely I'm not going to buy it, I just want to get a census of what most people here would do if they were in my shoes.

ro0kie

banned
I think you should just wait until prices drop and better notebooks come out. I plan on waiting until I start seeing DX10 hardware in notebooks. I have no prob waiting...

Dylan_

banned
[-0MEGA-];440729 said:
I've been thinking that I may want a nice laptop, which I could use for serious computing and/or gaming. I found this Acer from Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834115246

Basic Specs:

Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz
15.4" CrystalBrite LCD
1GB DDR2-533 (2x 512MB)
120GB 5400RPM SATA
ATI Mobility x1600
WiFi a/b/g, 100/1000 LAN, Bluetooth, IrDA
8-Cell Battery (3.5 Hours)

Basically what I'm asking, is if you think this laptop is worth the price tag of $1,079. If I get it, I would also use my $100 gift card towards it.
We have these at school and they are good but we don't get to use their full potential!!:D

Have you brought it yet? Are you even thinking about buying it or just wanting to know what people think?

Last edited:

Rambo

Ok, I have come in a bit late (ok, 5 pages late :p), but I was one of the few who voted no.

I feel that you should get the latest technology for your money, and if you're spending $1000+ on a laptop, I beleive you should get the best. A C2D CPU would be ideal.

Again, this is just my opinion. And at the end of the day, that's what it boils down to. :)

Have you thought about the Dell Laptops?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Is it a good buy for the money, yes. Is it something that I would get, probably not. But, I wouldn't plan on using the my laptop for gaming, and the majority of the cost is for that dual-coreprocessor as well (obviously...).

Additionally, I love the first review where the guy complains about the heat... Um..., it's an Intel chip, and it's a dual core, your point being?

ro0kie

banned
There really is no big difference between C2D and CD in notebooks. You still pretty much get the same performance and battery life. I think you should just wait until Santa Rosa comes out.

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm really surprised at the number of people who voted yes. If I really needed a laptop, I would get one, but i've had a change of mind, so i'm not going to be buying a laptop right now, but I may in the future. So thanks for your opinions.