What Do You Think of Your iMac?

Teqno

I need a (comparatively) inexpensive Mac-based computer and am considering the iMac, probably the 21.5-inch 3.06GHz model with 500GB of hard drive space and 4GB of memory. It's listed online at the Apple Store for $1,199 (though I'm sure I can find it a somewhat better price at a good reseller).

I may prefer the 27-inch, 1TB HD model, which has a hard drive with double the storage capacity of the other model and a higher display resolution (and a better graphics card?). It's priced at $1,699 but I can't spend much on a computer right now.

I'm planning to do video editing and graphics work on it, in addition to word processing, internet browsing and some web building. Maybe not simultaneously, of course, given the specs, but it's a start. Also, I'll be connecting a couple of my existing external hard drives via USB, so that should definitely help my storage issues.

Here, I'm looking for feedback from current iMac users, especially those who use them mainly for "creative" applications. What are your feelings about your experiences with your computer overall? How stable is the system? Any problems with the display? Any other issues? Any other useful info? Is this computer expandable, aside from the memory? It seems that it's expansion capabilities are limited.

Also, how well does the Snow Leopard OS (or whatever the latest OS is) work with the system? And, if you know of any ongoing sales or discounts anywhere on iMacs or other Mac computers, definitely tell me.

Finally, does anyone know when next Apple is going to roll out any "new & improved" iMacs or computers or new OS software? Thanks.

Last edited: