What do you think?

kookooshortman55

New Member
I finally finished upgrading my HP. Haha, upgraded bit by bit for about the last 4 months. What do you think?

Before
Top.jpg


After
FinalII.jpg


ZotacLED.jpg


ColdCathode1.jpg


Added 2GB RAM, 1 92mm case fan, 1 slot fan, 500W CoolerMaster Extreme, Zotac 8800GT Amp! Edition, 2x12" cold cathode tubes.

That is . . . finished until I get 64-bit Vista. Haha it never ends.
 
Haha mine is the a6228x. I believe it is obsolete now, I can't find it on the HP website. I got it at the Black Friday sale with a free 17" monitor, printer, antivirus, and wireless router for $500. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this to your HP though. The only reason I didn't go with a completely new build is because this came with a fairly fast processor and those are the hardest to upgrade.
 
I'm pretty sure I could do some upgrades to my PC, but to be honest i've only opened her like once.. I was just hoping that you too had the same computer so you could give me pointers you know
 
Haha yeah. Well it's not too hard physically putting the stuff in. It's just doing the research to find out what you should get. Ask around on what to order. The only thing that actually requires skill in installing is the PSU, but that's mostly just organization. What are you looking to add?
 
Well the only thing I'm actually seriously considering is some PC2-6400 RAM.. That I know is easy to install, I've done it with my other computer. Umm I'd like to get another fan going, (dont know where to plug it in!) and thats it for my a6000n

Then i'm going to build my very own :)
 
Well the fan shouldn't be too hard to install. Look for a little connector on the mobo that has 3 little pins sticking out of it. If you still can't find it, just follow the cable coming from your CPU fan. At least on my mobo, the case fan and the CPU fan have the same connections. And thanks, ilya124. Well I can get 64-bit free at my university, and then I will be able to use all 4GB that I have. 32-bit only uses like 3.25GB or something. Then there's always the possibility of expansion, my mobo supports 8GB.
 
Back
Top