What do you think?

minix69

New Member
I'm building my machine now was wondering if someone could tell me how this sounds?

Mobo:TA790GX A3+ 5.x
Processor: Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz
Power: Hipro 500w ( I had this)
Memory:Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Hard Drive: SAMSUNG 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb
Graphics: HIS Radeon HD 5670 IceQ 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express

Everything is new except the power supply, I already had.
Let me know what you might think? Thanks
 
Get the Phenom II 955 instead...it's very easily overclocked to the same speed as the 965. No aftermarket cooling required. Saves you some $$.

You'll want a better GPU, and probably a new power supply as well. Using an old off-brand PSU would be a pretty dumb move, IMO.

Could you post links to these? What's your budget?
 
this is the stuff I already bought, I kinda ran low on funds when it came to gpu. what power supply would you reccomend
 
I think it's a pretty nice set.

Not so sure about the mobo though.. Didn't look at it that much but I think you can get better and I also think you'll be way better of with buying a 1TB hard drive with atleast 32MB cache or even 64MB. It won't cost you alot more.. But the graphics card is really good I think.

I'm also planning on buying the same proccessor but I chose these components with it:

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5
GPU: GIGABYTE ATI RADEON HD4850 1GB
hard disk: WD CAVIAR GREEN 1TB SATA2 64MB
RAM: OCZ Platinum AMD Edition 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) (Sadly this product is hard to get here in Finland :S)
I still got to choice my PSU but it'll be at least 700W

Maybe you can comment on my choices..
 
sounds really nice just some stuff like 1tb outta my price range. I was tryin to get the ocz mem too but it was outta stock when I ordered my parts.
 
Yep same here.. Or well they didn't even have it in the first place.. :S
But I would really like to have those although I don't even know if it's such a huge difference.. probably not :P
 
I was tryin to build my pc to play resident evil 5 with ease, By some benchmarks and other reviews I don't think i should have any problems. And make sure it was ready for the future too!
 
Back
Top