What Does My New Dual Core Offer Me?

sn1ckers

I just built a new PC. I bought an Athlon 64 X2 3600+.

I have never done anything with dual core before. I was wondering how do I tell if both cores are recognized?

I built this PC to be a gaming PC (I know that it is a budget processor, but I'm a college kid on a budget :)), will this (having a dual core) give me any benefits?

Thanks

sn1ckers

Sweet, that's simple enough... I'll give it a whack when I get home. Would I need to download new drivers for my mobo if they both don't show up? Not that I think it won't show, but rather, just so that I can know a little bit more.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
are you on windows xp? from what i hear you can go onto amd's website and download somthing for the dual cores...only if your on XP, i cant remember exactly what its for. Maybe some one else on here will know what im talking about

sn1ckers

Cool thanks... That's actually what I built the computer for, games. I'll hit that when I get home.

Thanks for all the help

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I just read some things off google about it and it seems you dont want to install with vista, people say all they keep getting are BSOD....and some say vista already has it built in :confused: so i dont know. Ill go with the old saying "if it aint broke don't fix it"