what does "overlock" mean?

2048Megabytes

Running a motherboard or processor at a higher speed than what the manufacturer suggests is called overclocking. I would not attempt an overclock if you don't know what you are doing. It can result in an unstable system or damaged central processing unit if done incorrectly.

Be sure you read up on it and understand it before you attempt any overclocking of your system.

jibachabili

thanks a lot.
one of my friend told me if i want to overlock the cpu ,i shall enter the BIOS.
could you tell me how to enter it?
do i need to download some softwares?
thanks

jibachabili

Laquer Head

As 2048 said above, if you don't know what you are doing, don't do it or you can fry your computer!!

Either read some tutorials, get someone with real experience to help you, or don't do it at all!

Every chip and system is different and there isn't one magical way for people to overclock! (not overlock) :p

Droogie

can someone tell me ?
and, how to overlock cpu?:confused:

thanks a lot.
one of my friend told me if i want to overlock the cpu ,i shall enter the BIOS.
could you tell me how to enter it?
do i need to download some softwares?
thanks

jibachabili

to be honest, it sound likes you don't have a clue on basic overclocking requirements. as stated above, you need to read up on it yourself. it's not simply a step by step kind of thing you can just follow from start to finish. different systems require different methods for overclocking (some many need voltage increases, multiplier tweaks, etc.)

read the tutorial from this forum (it may be a bit outdated, but much of the information is still relevant)
http://www.computerforum.com/106906-post6.html

also, i'll tell you right now, if you have a prebuilt name brand computer then overclocking will almost certainly be out of the question.

FairDoos

To be fair on him the way he types he seems foreign or he's either a little child but thats doubtful haha

inteli7fan

I wouldn't suggest you doing it. You can cook your computer. If you know what your doing then yes but otherwise no because if you don't have the right processor and the right motherboard to overclock you can seriously do some damage to your computer. i have a gigabyte motherboard with an i7 processor and i overlocked it to 3.8GHz when it was 3.2GHz. Depending on your processor and motherboard you might be able to. When you turn on your computer it will have say whatever your brand is of your comp and then it will quickly go before that read what writing it has down the bottom. it might be F2 or DELETE or F7. Read down the bottom and it will tell you(It should) But i wouldn't suggest you doing it

inteli7fan

"if you don't have the right processor and the right motherboard to overclock you can seriously do some damage to your computer." what i mean there is that. different motherboards and different processors are different they might not be the same set-up as another computer. you have to find out what your doing and it's not easy to do if you dont know what your doing.