WHAT DOES THIS COMP NEED TO RUN 60FPS IN GAMES?

jfed2988

ok a few questions, if i went with my route (the 2x4gb) would i remove my current stick and just install the 2x4gb?

what is the difference between the 2x4gb and the one link you posted?

Laquer Head

Depending where you are in TO, you may want to order from Newegg and then pickup from the brand spanking new HYbrid Center in Richmond Hill. You can grab a dual channel kit of 4GBx2 G-Skill for like $49.99 + tax, and if you pick it up, no shipping charge!

I've been there a few times, including their recent grand opening, its pretty handy!!

Newegg Hybrid Centre
55 East Beaver Creek Road, Unit E and F
Richmond Hill, ON

jfed2988

Depending where you are in TO, you may want to order from Newegg and then pickup from the brand spanking new HYbrid Center in Richmond Hill. You can grab a dual channel kit of 4GBx2 G-Skill for like $49.99 + tax, and if you pick it up, no shipping charge!

I've been there a few times, including their recent grand opening, its pretty handy!!

Newegg Hybrid Centre
55 East Beaver Creek Road, Unit E and F
Richmond Hill, ON
im pretty close by, i will definitely check them out, thanks!

jfed2988

so do i remove the ram stick thats in my computer currently and insert the others in its place? or can i leave that stick in there and just add these 2?

beers

Staff member
so do i remove the ram stick thats in my computer currently and insert the others in its place? or can i leave that stick in there and just add these 2?
I'd remove it. 2400 MHz RAM is only a dollar or two more than 1866 so you might as well get the faster kit.

Using it in conjunction with the current stick will drag the frequency down to 1600.

Laquer Head

I'd remove the current one, and install the fresh dual channel kit, depending on motherboard you use slot 1 & 3 or 2 & 4

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I still say you'll need a dedicated card but you'll figure that out after the ram upgrade.

beers

Staff member
I still say you'll need a dedicated card but you'll figure that out after the ram upgrade.
I agree, but the real question is how much extra FPS can he get for $45-50 vs. a new PSU and a card that's >$100 by itself :p

jfed2988

yea im sure i would need a grapgics card... and will look into it eventual;ly, just wanted a cheap upgrade from what im working with now, which i can still play games on, so i assume what ever upgrade i can get for 50$ will go a long way for me. in the future i will definitely look into a good graphics card

jfed2988

I agree, but the real question is how much extra FPS can he get for $45-50 vs. a new PSU and a card that's >$100 by itself :p
im pretty curious myself, and if after the ram upgrade i can get 30fps constantly ill be happy, anything more than that is a bonus... the title of this is misleading because im asking for 60fps, but i dont care as long as the game is better than it is now, and from what i gather from you guys the ram will make a difference, so ill see what that does n let yall know... i screwed up my order though and got it for delivery :( so i guess ill let you guys know in a week or so lol

Laquer Head

im pretty curious myself, and if after the ram upgrade i can get 30fps constantly ill be happy, anything more than that is a bonus... the title of this is misleading because im asking for 60fps, but i dont care as long as the game is better than it is now, and from what i gather from you guys the ram will make a difference, so ill see what that does n let yall know... i screwed up my order though and got it for delivery :( so i guess ill let you guys know in a week or so lol

You can cancel or contact customer support, but honestly if your that close to the hybrid centre - that is where they ship from anyhow for Ontario, I live near Kitchener/Waterloo in a little village and I regularly get my orders in 1-3 days

jfed2988

yea apparently they dont allow you to change to pick up, but yea i am much closer than you are so it should be here in a few days then i guess.