What games can I play on my rig?

James79

I currently have a i7 960 with 8gig DDR3 and the video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS (this video card is only temporarily until I get a better one that will be able to play BF3, Skyrim, etc) Thanks in advanced.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What psu do you have? In order to run BF3 you'll need at least a 6870 but a 6950 is recommended. And in order to run the highend video cards, you'll need to make sure you have a good psu to run it.

7angofragger

Yeah, sounds like everything will take whatever you throw at it except the video card. The video card/PSU needs to be your next upgrade. Then you should be good to go.

wolfeking

banned
GTX580 only needs 395 watts. that leaves 255 watts for the rest of the system, which would be plenty unless your running a OC on both the processor and GPU that required a volt bump.

7angofragger

GTX580 only needs 395 watts. that leaves 255 watts for the rest of the system, which would be plenty unless your running a OC on both the processor and GPU that required a volt bump.

I would never run an i7 system with a 580 with only a 650 watt psu :rolleyes:

Thats just cutting your power way too close. It never hurts to have extra power.

Last edited: