what gpu should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JareeB

They have in the past last year I built a quad core for $800 and this was an Intel so that was a really good deal. I probably spent $200 less then if the parts hadn't been on sale.

nice! well thanks for the info and help

bomberboysk

how would i like contact them to ask about it and should i tell a little white lie and say its not what i wanted? lol shit i bought it 7/17/09 thats over 30 days ago :( umm do you think any prices will change from now till 12/14/09 cuz when my b-day is and i can finish my computer and shenanigans
Just tell newegg it is defective, last time i returned a rosewill unit that an unwitting friend bought, it was around 6 months old and they asked whether he wanted a refund or a replacement. Then again it was a discontinued unit, all rosewill returns are handled by newegg though. Id give them a call and see if you cant get them to refund it, even it they charge a restocking fee its better than having a low end unit.

Also, Id recommend this unit btw as it has slightly better internals than the modxstream and cheaper:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817189014&Tpk=xclio stablepower 500W

JareeB

Just tell newegg it is defective, last time i returned a rosewill unit that an unwitting friend bought, it was around 6 months old and they asked whether he wanted a refund or a replacement. Then again it was a discontinued unit, all rosewill returns are handled by newegg though. Id give them a call and see if you cant get them to refund it, even it they charge a restocking fee its better than having a low end unit.

Also, Id recommend this unit btw as it has slightly better internals than the modxstream and cheaper:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817189014&Tpk=xclio stablepower 500W

the other one is cheaper and i like the other one cuz you can remove the cables and take off the ones i dont like/need but if you think this one is alot better then ill go with this one

FairDoos

This is a problem ive come across recently and in my opinion see no point in getting a new GPU due to DirectX 11 which is practically round the corner but then again if you dont play game's that require DirectX 11 then by all means upgrade now or if you dont do image editing and are looking for quality without the price tag maybe you should wait until DirectX 11 is out then upgrade your GPU because then they will be alot cheaper. This is just my opinion anyway im personally waiting for DirectX 11 to be released before i upgrade again at the moment i can cope with my ATi 4890's excesive fan noise haha but then again the quality is amazing :)

JareeB

This is a problem ive come across recently and in my opinion see no point in getting a new GPU due to DirectX 11 which is practically round the corner but then again if you dont play game's that require DirectX 11 then by all means upgrade now or if you dont do image editing and are looking for quality without the price tag maybe you should wait until DirectX 11 is out then upgrade your GPU because then they will be alot cheaper. This is just my opinion anyway im personally waiting for DirectX 11 to be released before i upgrade again at the moment i can cope with my ATi 4890's excesive fan noise haha but then again the quality is amazing :)

yeah when is it going to be out

Fatback

VIP Member
You know thats fraud right?

A moderator that blatently disobeys the rules of the forum....interesting :( 16 year old mod, yeah thats a good idea :rolleyes:

Don't be a JERK

Maybe you should read the rules

Forum Rules
1. Posting/discussion about software cracks, serial no's, and illegal downloading and duplication of software is prohibited.
2. Discussions which actively encourage illegal hacking/malicious harm to computers/networks is prohibited.
3. Rude, offensive or threatening comments as well as posting of adult material will not be tolerated. Use of bad language is not allowed, some words are censored and will appear as ****. Just because **** appears instead of the banned word, that does not make it alright, you will still receive an infraction/possible ban. If you insult any of the moderator or administrator team, your account will be instantly banned.
4. Spam, multiple posting of same topic, promoting your own site/forum and posting of sites with affiliate ID's is not allowed.
5. In case #4 wasnt clear enough, anything along the lines of free/cheap Ipod, Vaio, Computer, etc is a no-no. Also posts or signatures saying come and join my new computer forum will be considered as spam and will be promptly deleted.
6. If you've got questions about user ranks and other pseudo-administrative type questions, check FAQ and Ranks before posting a question about it. Also, feel free to drop in an introduce yourself here!
7. Policy regarding software can be found here
8. No more than 10 lines allowed in signature, 2 different colors and font size 2 is the maximum font size allowed in signatures.
9. Posting about ANY illegal activities is forbidden.
10. Only members with 100 posts are able to send Private messages and post in the computer equipment for sale section. Members are not allowed to pm other users and attempt to sell them anything. Any member who sends you a pm trying to sell you something should be reported directly to an admin and/or moderator. Their account will be banned immediately.
** Please note that in most cases, posts will simply be deleted and you will be directed to these set of forum rules. However repetitive breaching of the forum rules will result in termination of your account and deletion of all associated posts. **

Read the bold text I highlighted for you sounds like you just insulted a moderator to me:eek:

You probably didn't think anybody saw that post before you edited it put I did maybe next time you should think about it more before you click the submit button.

Springy182

does your mobo have an AGP or PCI-E graphics card slot?
for AGP, the best you can get is an Ati 4850 (yes, they released an AGP version) but you will still need a 6-pin PCI-E power cable. for PCI-E i would recommend... an Ati 4870
your PSU may not be able to handle it though...

ATi never released an AGP version of the 4850, you're thinking of the 4650 or 4670

A 4850 or 9800GT/GTX would be about 100$ USD and would be around the same performance.

87dtna

Don't be a JERK

Maybe you should read the rules

Read the bold text I highlighted for you sounds like you just insulted a moderator to me:eek:

You probably didn't think anybody saw that post before you edited it put I did maybe next time you should think about it more before you click the submit button.

Why do you think I edited it 30 seconds after I posted it? After I saw it posted I figured it was a little over the top. Besides, if you find things said about your age insulting, you need to grow up! I'm only 24 and I realize already how little I knew at 16-17. And honestly, the real reason you posted is because you were also offended being as young as you are too. People tell me all the time I don't understand because I'm too young, and now being more mature I accept that to be true because it's been proven right time and time again.

I would hope others would realize a moderator that doesn't follow rules, no matter what age, is quite worse than a small insult (if you want to see it that way), which I removed promptly anyway.

Last edited:

Fatback

VIP Member
Why do you think I edited it 30 seconds after I posted it? After I saw it posted I figured it was a little over the top. Besides, if you find things said about your age insulting, you need to grow up! I'm only 24 and I realize already how little I knew at 16-17. And honestly, the real reason you posted is because you were also offended being as young as you are too. People tell me all the time I don't understand because I'm too young, and now being more mature I accept that to be true because it's been proven right time and time again.

I would hope others would realize a moderator that doesn't follow rules, no matter what age, is quite worse than a small insult (if you want to see it that way), which I removed promptly anyway.

Well you may have knew little when you where our age but that doesn't mean we do you can't compare us to you. I wasn't insulted because of what you said about the age but because of what you said about bomber. I don't think you should be commenting on somebody you don't even know. Lastly the rules are made for the members not the mods or admins I have seen Ian, Mep, etc, etc break the rules plenty of times in the few months I have been here.

I may have been a little out of order quoting it for everybody to see when I could have just sent you a PM or something. I really don't like it when people say something about somebody that they have no Idea about especially there knowledge because you have no Idea how much people know.

87dtna

Well you may have knew little when you where our age but that doesn't mean we do you can't compare us to you. I wasn't insulted because of what you said about the age but because of what you said about bomber. I don't think you should be commenting on somebody you don't even know. Lastly the rules are made for the members not the mods or admins I have seen Ian, Mep, etc, etc break the rules plenty of times in the few months I have been here.

I may have been a little out of order quoting it for everybody to see when I could have just sent you a PM or something. I really don't like it when people say something about somebody that they have no Idea about especially there knowledge because you have no Idea how much people know.

I'm not talking about knowledge, I'm talking about wisdom....something you only get with age, and thats what your post right here just proved again.

Rules for members and not mods? Are you kidding me? No wonder this country is in the tank, because of people like you with your reasoning! Do as I say not as I do? Wow! Showing your age even more I see!

Fatback

VIP Member
I'm not talking about knowledge, I'm talking about wisdom....something you only get with age, and thats what your post right here just proved again.

Rules for members and not mods? Are you kidding me? No wonder this country is in the tank, because of people like you with your reasoning! Do as I say not as I do? Wow! Showing your age even more I see!

I'm still not getting it your talking about wisdom but wisdom is not what we need here it is knowledge. Wisdom is what you learn from life experiences. Knowledge is what you learn from doing things or reading a book. How you have turned this into a argument about the two I don't know.

You never said anything about wisdom you said quote "16 year old mod, yeah thats a good idea" unquote. Sounds to me like you are saying he is to stupid and young to be a mod. You do not need wisdom to know about computers.

You keep talking about age why. Age has nothing to do with what you know(knowledge) or how mature you are. I see the world just the way you do just because your older and been here longer does not mean you know anything more then I do.

I'm not going to do this back in forth because it is just going to lead to a bigger argument that is probably going to have nothing to do with the original topic like it already has.

87dtna

You keep talking about age why. Age has nothing to do with what you know(knowledge) or how mature you are.

LOL, I said the same thing when I was 17 bud.

Sounds to me like you are saying he is to stupid and young to be a mod. You do not need wisdom to know about computers.

Stupid, no...too young, yes. The rule he broke of the forum really had nothing to do with computer knowledge. Wisdom would have removed that comment from ever being said.

With knowledge you get wisdom. It's a progression, they go hand in hand. You may not understand or want to accept that, but it's simply because you lack wisdom! You also may find that insulting, but one day you'll look back at this and think ''Hey you know at the time I thought that guy on the forum was a real moron, but damn he was right''. You are a typical example of a teenager my friend, nothing more, nothing less. Just because you feel that age has nothing to do with maturity doesn't mean you're right. And I'm well aware that nothing I say will convince you now, because teenagers know everything. :eek:

Fatback

VIP Member
LOL, I said the same thing when I was 17 bud.

Stupid, no...too young, yes. The rule he broke of the forum really had nothing to do with computer knowledge. Wisdom would have removed that comment from ever being said.

With knowledge you get wisdom. It's a progression, they go hand in hand. You may not understand or want to accept that, but it's simply because you lack wisdom! You also may find that insulting, but one day you'll look back at this and think ''Hey you know at the time I thought that guy on the forum was a real moron, but damn he was right''. You are a typical example of a teenager my friend, nothing more, nothing less. Just because you feel that age has nothing to do with maturity doesn't mean you're right. And I'm well aware that nothing I say will convince you now, because teenagers know everything. :eek:

This thing is just going to keep going in a circle because your not going to emit your wrong. Your saying I lack wisdom again what does wisdom have to do with anything that this is about. Your only what 6 years older then me how much wisdom could you have actually gained from six years if you where 50 or something I would understand. The fact is your no more mature then I am you might not wont to emit it but you know it.

Your responding back to me makes you no more mature then I am so the way I see it you have no right to say anything. All I am trying to do here is convince you that you can not judge somebody by there age because if that was true then you are still to young to understand. You act like you have been alive for 60 years your 24 dude your no more mature then any 16 year old here.

Oh and your wrong because I will never say your right because in a week or so your be forgotten. In 6 years when I'm your age I'm just going to look back and go dang that guy was a retard.

You have now been added to my ignore list congrats. I never have to see your name or posts again good luck with the whole I'm 24 and I have wisdom and I'm so mature thing. You really need to grow up and stop comparing your self to 16 and 17 year old's.

Last edited:

87dtna

This thing is just going to keep going in a circle because your not going to emit your wrong. Your saying I lack wisdom again what does wisdom have to do with anything that this is about. Your only what 6 years older then me how much wisdom could you have actually gained from six years if you where 50 or something I would understand. The fact is your no more mature then I am you might not wont to emit it but you know it.

Your responding back to me makes you no more mature then I am so the way I see it you have no right to say anything. All I am trying to do here is convince you that you can not judge somebody by there age because if that was true then you are still to young to understand. You act like you have been alive for 60 years your 24 dude your no more mature then any 16 year old here.

Oh and your wrong because I will never say your right because in a week or so your be forgotten. In 6 years when I'm your age I'm just going to look back and go dang that guy was a retard.

You have now been added to my ignore list congrats. I never have to see your name or posts again good luck with the whole I'm 24 and I have wisdom and I'm so mature thing. You really need to grow up and stop comparing your self to 16 and 17 year old's.

Yup, I'd have said the same things when I was 17. You actually remind me a ton of myself, which is why I'm trying to help you out I guess. I didn't listen either, so it's cool.

FairDoos

FATBACK AND DTNA DOES IT REALLY BLOODY MATTER YOUR BOTH ACTING LIKE 10 YEAR OLDS QUIT THE CRAP ALREADY

kthnks *Gives Cookie*

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.