What graphics card?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Hey guys long time no see.. ive been out of the game for a LONG time..

What is the best bang for the buck right now, nothing cheap and nothing outragous..

Specs are in my sig, ill consider crossfire if the price is right. I'd like to stay >$300 for a single card

(I only have 1 4850 installed now, i sold the other a long time ago)

I really just want to play new games maxed out.. i just bought BF 3 as well

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Nice, looks like i need to upgrade my entire computer. they dont even sell LGA 775 cpu's anymore.. LOL

might be a good time to do a overhaul eh. lol

claptonman

Honestly, its not that bad of a system. I'd say buy the graphics card, and see how it plays. If it plays like you want it to, why upgrade now?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
That's what I'm Ganna do.

I was looking and since I'm not familiar with anything thats out now, are intel boards available that are capable of crossfire? I probably need to start a new thread. I may just do a mobo, cpu, ram, and graphics card upgrade. The new stuff is spanish to me.

wolfeking

banned
most will. My extreme 4 will CF and SLI just fine. Just needs 2 PCIe x16 lanes as far as I know.

pretty much if your into gaming you will not get better than a 2500k/3570k, z77 gigabyte motherboard and 8GB of DDR3-1600 ram.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
thanks man, i just want something for price/performance to game with.. im not all into benchmarks anymore lol. not bad deal for the 480!

wolfeking

banned
They are very strong cards. But they run hot. About 45* idle, and upper 80s at 100% load. IF you have a case with good airlfow then it should be good.

And I would go either for the 480 or the 570 if I was you. They are pretty much the same card, but the 570 will run cooler and use less power. But the 480 has higher bandwidth. Up to you to make that call though.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Ive been searching, still contemplating it.. I got a big watercooled lian li full tower case.. should be good lol

heat and power shouldn't be a problem.. decisions decisions!

wolfeking

banned
are you running full loop or just CPU in the loop? If full loop then you will need a water block for either one.

It all depends on what your doing with it. If your running high resolutions, above 1080p, then a 480 would be better due to more vRAM. Anything else the 570 would serve just as well.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
are you running full loop or just CPU in the loop? If full loop then you will need a water block for either one.

It all depends on what your doing with it. If your running high resolutions, above 1080p, then a 480 would be better due to more vRAM. Anything else the 570 would serve just as well.

1680*1050

But its just the CPU loop is all. im still on the fence and afraid to pull the trigger, not sure how far i want to go into upgrading yet lol

wolfeking

banned
at that resolution you will be fine with either one. However I would say get the 570 as it is newer and does not need as much power.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
i might hold off since theres a lot of talk about the 660 coming out too

Thanks fellow north carolinian.. im around the charlotte area lol

wolfeking

banned
There seems to be a lot of people in state on here. Im 30 ish miles north of greensboro, near eden south of Martinsville, VA.

and I have been hearing about teh 660 for a while, but it seems to never get here. I was waiting, but I got bored and got a 480. Does what I need.