What happened to PC Gaming?

How do you buy your games?

• Buy from local store. (box n disc version)

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Buy from places such as Steam (downloaded version)

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

CrazyMike

That's a very true statement Stranglehold. But that's for two reasons. One, people don't know that it is much cheaper to build one. Two, people are too lazy to build one themselves or have a friend do it. Actually I just thought of third one, people want things now, they don't want to have to wait for a part to come in or to build it.

Totally agree with both of you man. People want things now! they don't care about quality. It goes for more than just computers too. Look at cars, appliances, hell even furniture. The manufacturers can't keep up with the demand. Quality takes time and people don't care about it no more. They just want what they want right now for as cheap as possible. Thus the gaming industry. Gamers want games right now for as cheap as possible. Well what kind of game do you think your going to get? A cheap half fast one.

Stretch1414

Totally agree with both of you man. People want things now! they don't care about quality. It goes for more than just computers too. Look at cars, appliances, hell even furniture. The manufacturers can't keep up with the demand. Quality takes time and people don't care about it no more. They just want what they want right now for as cheap as possible. Thus the gaming industry. Gamers want games right now for as cheap as possible. Well what kind of game do you think your going to get? A cheap half fast one.

Yep you are absolutely right. I mean I am even like that at some points. However, if I know that I can get better quality if I wait, then I'll definitely wait.

CrazyMike

Yep you are absolutely right. I mean I am even like that at some points. However, if I know that I can get better quality if I wait, then I'll definitely wait.

It's not just the waiting. It's the willing to pay for it. I am totally willing. From what i hear, others aren't. They love downloading games at discount prices (which don't get me wrong is awesome), but look at the quality of games now. Campaign modes cut in half. Sound and graphics downgraded to match those of consoles. Multiplayer sucks. It's just sad.

Stretch1414

We are just talking about people buying stuff in general. We just mean that people live too much in the NOW, and think, "Hey, if I get this it will last me 2 years, but I can wait a little and get this other one and it will last me 10. I want it now, who cares if it fails in 2 years?" Um, your wallet?

elobire

A lot is due to the price of the PC. Most people just want to casual game, so they spend £200 on a console (or less). A serious gamer would spend £600+ on a coomputer and keep constant maintainance on it, just to have the best gameplay.