What if......

billyboy

What if I unplug the memory and plug i back,will my comp start all over,or stay the same like b4 i unplug it?

run4it

well, don't do that with the computer on. it'll destroy ur memory. doing it while its off will accomplish nothing.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
well,is there anyway I can make my comp start all over

Could you describe in a bit more detail what it is you would like to accomplish? If you simply want to restart your comuter then Clicking on Start/Turn off computer/Restart will do the trick. What OS are you running?

Edit:

Also wanted to add that you should never unplug anything from the inside of your comuter while the thing is turned on. You risk injury to yourself as well as have about a 100% chance of damage to your computer.

Last edited:

billyboy

what I mdan by start all over is that everything on my comp start all over like I just buy it.You know when you let some1 fix ur comp,they delect everything,and make your comp back to the very beginning ,and that's what I want

ViperGTS19801

First of all, you need to get a hold of a Windows XP system CD. Plug the CD into CD Drive, and boot up the computer. After booting from the disc, you can format the hard drive through the blue and white text based interface. After all the information is wiped clean, you can then install Windows from scratch.

Filip

first you got to have an OS cd like windows 98, 98se, me, 2000, xp etc., then we can talk bussines :)

EDIT: there it goes again, i hate posts at the same time

Ku-sama

banned
Filip, you have the worst luck :p

You need an Operating system (xp, 2000, ME, 98, linux, ect....) and put it in your CD/DVD/ drive, start up your computer (it should already boot from the CD) and enter setup, when it askes you which partition to install it on, delete all of the existing ones by following the On-screen instructions to do so, then format the disk in NTFS if available, then install your chosen Operating System and thats about it

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
what I mdan by start all over is that everything on my comp start all over like I just buy it.You know when you let some1 fix ur comp,they delect everything,and make your comp back to the very beginning ,and that's what I want
1. Use the Restore option that came with your machine
2. Reformat and reinstall everything

Installing XP