What in your opinion is the best OS ever?

dreamer41

I’m totally disappointed with windows vista…Because 2 month before I bought the windows vista 32bit version…until now always happen some problem to my laptop...So I think to change my OS again. So what OS do you prefer to me?

fastdude

Vista was really pretty... But it's engine was struggling from day 1. It had compatability issues for months after launch. XP was Classic, IMO it was their [Microsofts] most reliable OS ever, with the exception of Win2000. Linux is awesome for hacking, it's free and you can program easily on it too, OS X is very sleek, but you can't legally put it on anything but a Mac, which are at a premium in price anyway... For you, I'd recommend Windows 7 (32 bit upgrade if you have less than 3.5 gig of RAM)

Deviousmind

I was not a fan of windows 2000 prefered 98, moved to xp and loved it alsolutly brill, moved to vista and i did try it for a while but it reminded me the sega mega cd a bulky add-on, promised much but never delivered and was a waste of money so went back to xp
now i also have a new laptop with windows 7 and im impressed loving it xp users will have no problem with it, windows 7 for me on my neww desktop build

lucasbytegenius

Win7 Ultimate x64+WinXP Pro SP3 x86+Ubuntu 10.04 x64+Linux Mint LXDE x64+Debian 5 x64+Win2k Pro SP4 x86= Me got favorites.... and experiments.... and reasons to buy a bigger HD...

Vista stinks, period. I stayed away from it and never used it once. The only benefit to Vista is that it's easy to upgrade to 7. Micro$oft's 25th anniversary was in 2005 or 2006, and they put a huge rush on Vista and released a piece of crap that fortunately did not effect Win7 sales drastically.

Also, this thread could burst into flames, explode, and cause a huge mess resulting in a lot of people disappearing real sudden like...

˙sıɥʇ oʇ ǝɹɐ ǝɹǝɥʇ spɐǝɹɥʇ ɹɐlıɯıs ʎuɐɯ ʍoɥ ʇunoɔ ʇ,uɐɔ ı

Last edited:

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Like Windows 7, spent a long time with XP...but still secretly married to 98SE. I loved that one:)

trey803

will starcraft 2 run in ubuntu?

My vote is xp & ubuntu.......vista makes me wanna punch bill in the face

2048Megabytes

My favorite operating systems so far are Linux Ubuntu 9.04 and Windows XP 32-bit. I like Linux Ubuntu for Internet use because it is so resistant to malicious software. I don't have much experience with Windows 7 but Windows XP is a decent operating system.

I have used Windows Vista for a year or so. I don't really like how it runs and I'm not happy that Microsoft did not fix it. They left Vista users high and dry and pushed Windows 7 onto the market.

In a few months I am going to upgrade to Windows XP from Vista. I plan on not buying another operating system from Microsoft until 3,300 megabytes of RAM isn't enough.

lucasbytegenius

So how do you know it stinks?

"Hey everyone, Linux is a piece of crap, dont use it. I've never used it once!"

Windows 7 + OSX for me.

/facepalm. It's painfully obvious, isn't it? There's like, i dunno, 6 or 7 thousand of reviews out there, and do you really think I would throw $200 in the dumpster because I didn't read up on it? Golly, and then there's all the unhappy (to say the least) customers out thar...

87dtna

I've used XP the longest. I got XP went it first came out and kept it during the whole vista era, glad I did really. So I skipped vista and went right to 7. Now I run windows 7 in all my rigs, I like it more than XP now.
I've tried Ubuntu and tiny linux, they are OK but so many driver issues I just said screw it.

sho95

Kubuntu but of the windows XP PRO is still the best. Even thought Vista Ultimate worked great for me.

Concordedly

98SE was the first system I learned from. Still one of my favorties, if anything out of nostalgia. XP then came, I never bothered with ME and 2000, though I had to fix a lot of crap on ME for my friends (Horrible OS). Then I went straight from XP to Win7. (I refused to work on Vista computers which actually made things worse for me now looking back on it.)

I'm interested in linux, but eh, I love Win7 so what's the point besides good freeware?

newgunner

Windows 98 SE is probably my favorite for nostalgia. Tried 2000 and ME for a while. Used 2000 for work and it was painful. Went to XP as soon as it came out and loved it from the start. I did try vista for a while but never warmed up to it. It also ran sluggish compared to XP. So i stayed with XP until Windows 7. However Windows XP Pro SP3 is still my favorite.