What intel CPU?

cohen

what is going on???

All i know is a lot of people recommend the E8400 for gaming. the Q6600 is good for multitasking. Correct?

Steelshivan

For gaming RIGHT NOW, the E8400 is the best of the three. However, unless you prefer benchmarking over actually playing games, I would go for the Q6600. Realistically, you will notice zero difference between the two, and you will be more future-proofed with 4 cores instead of 2.

Basically, processors are ahead of the game right now and have been. (higher end) You will be video card-bound rather than cpu bound in most if not all new games you play. When games start becoming more and more able to make use of 3-4 cores, the Q6600's advantage is obvious. Essentially you are pitting the E8400's sheer speed over the Q6600's 4 cores. One-two years from now, which will be more viable?

Will an overclocked E8400 be a considerably better gaming processor than an overclocked Q6600 in that time, theoretically assuming 3-4 cores aren't being used in most games? I would guess no. IMO there is a better chance the E8400 will become a less viable gaming cpu BEFORE the Q6600. And also IMO, up until that shady area, it won't matter which one you have. Your call.

lovely?

you are right, the q6600 is wicked for gaming now, (there is no such thing as a multitasking processor and a gaming processor, to be realistic.) ok the extra cores are almost useless right now, but you still have two cores. to get a dual core that performs just a little bit better right now would be shooting yourself in the foot later because no matter how much you overclock that dual core the quad WILL win in everything, gaming, multitasking, everything.

aSc1@3

For gaming RIGHT NOW, the E8400 is the best of the three. However, unless you prefer benchmarking over actually playing games, I would go for the Q6600. Realistically, you will notice zero difference between the two, and you will be more future-proofed with 4 cores instead of 2.

Basically, processors are ahead of the game right now and have been. (higher end) You will be video card-bound rather than cpu bound in most if not all new games you play. When games start becoming more and more able to make use of 3-4 cores, the Q6600's advantage is obvious. Essentially you are pitting the E8400's sheer speed over the Q6600's 4 cores. One-two years from now, which will be more viable?

Will an overclocked E8400 be a considerably better gaming processor than an overclocked Q6600 in that time, theoretically assuming 3-4 cores aren't being used in most games? I would guess no. IMO there is a better chance the E8400 will become a less viable gaming cpu BEFORE the Q6600. And also IMO, up until that shady area, it won't matter which one you have. Your call.

Tru dat, tru dat... All hail the Q6600!

dak1b

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

i think im gonna get it. :)

dak1b

Best 24" Monitor

Hey guys!

Ok so I'm looking for the best 24" monitor available on the market!!! highest resolt and the works. I'm going to use this monitor mostly for gaming/movies...what do you guys suggest? thanks!:D

cohen

Hey guys!

Ok so I'm looking for the best 24" monitor available on the market!!! highest resolt and the works. I'm going to use this monitor mostly for gaming/movies...what do you guys suggest? thanks!:D

What about this ?? -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009125