what is a crack ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikekelly

what is a crack and what are you supposed to do with it ? my friend is lending me some software and he said something about a "crack" whatever one of those is.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Also crack is one of those things we aren't supposed to talk about here on this forum... :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
mikekelly said:
what is a crack and what are you supposed to do with it ? my friend is lending me some software and he said something about a "crack" whatever one of those is.

If your friend is lending you software that needs a crack, it means someone has created a hacking tool that will gain entry into software you should not be able to enter. In other words, you will be using software illegally. ... and being that this forum is for law-biding people:

Lorand said:
crack(s) (are) one of those things we aren't supposed to talk about here on this forum... :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes yes..

Cracks are usually in the form of EXE files, either replacing the original or writing data to the original. By doing that, a software otherwise requiring you to pay will be made fully usable. However, I stress...as has been suggested above that it is illegal to do that. You can face severe penalties if caught. This forum in no way supports this and so don't I.

JAN :D

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Rules are rules, even when they rule the rulers.

Your question was answered. However, next time let’s keep the topics within the guidelines established by the admin...

SFR

Truth fears no questions
LOL

there is also a "wisecrack", a witty remark. A brief attempt at something, like I took a crack at it. Also the crack of dawn and someone cracking up laughing...

Is that off topic enough?

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.