What is better?

Okedokey

Because I cant PROVE that BF4 is running the same engine as BF3 means that it isnt? Well that makes even more sense. If it looks like BF3, it is BF3. And thats the case. Its not a circular argument at all, its plain and simple they did nothing to increase the graphical quality or the performance so how can they claim it to be running a brand new engine?

I wish i could say the F word on this forum, i really do.

Its not the same engine. This is like trying to discuss science with a person who failed high school... you're MISSING THE POINT! Even your explanation as to why its not a circular argument is a circular argument... lol

As per the video i linked too, its very different looking...

The water is COMPLETELY different looking, why? Different engine. "Dynamic Water".

Thats not including significant runtime and workflow improvements, support for Gen4 and Mobile platforms and other technical changes such as Destruction 4.0 and associated enhanced micro-destruction.

Show me your card using 100% of its VRAM then you will prove me wrong. Otherwise, you have proved to yourself that its not using 100% of the total physical VRAM.

5-10fps I was obviously comparing the standard 780, since I clearly stated that I was comparing it to the standard 780.

My card has nothing to do with it, you're saying no matter what, you cannot max VRAM and you're wrong (as usual).

bf828696-84ea-43e8-b086-7befb14d81b4.jpg

Now please, stop, let the OP come back, or START YOUR OWN THREAD TO DISCUSS THIS!!!!!

G80FTW

My card has nothing to do with it, you're saying no matter what, you cannot max VRAM and you're wrong (as usual).

bf828696-84ea-43e8-b086-7befb14d81b4.jpg

Now please, stop, let the OP come back, or START YOUR OWN THREAD TO DISCUSS THIS!!!!!

Maybe you could post something that is visible to the human eye. I have no idea what you just posted.

Last edited:

G80FTW

The orange maxed out lines are VRAM at over 100%.

From what I can actually see, the most you have on there says 2.26GB. Which is not max.

And btw, I just ran BF4 max settings 1080p with 200% scaling and 4xMSAA and my card maxed out at 3185MB. So I feel that if your card could it would have used all 3072MB not 2950MB. So your missing out on 122MB which to me would be a significant amount. If I had a game that used more I would test it, Crysis 3 max with 8xMSAA only uses 2.2GB on my system.

If you would like to re-upload that image in a resolution that I can see or make it clickable so I can enlarge I would be happy to see what its actually displaying.

Im saying, that my experience with every single kind of storage device I have never seen one actually be able to use 100% of the physically installed memory. Ever. I was actually upset when I bought my first MP3 player which was 64MB and I could only use like 59MB. Back then, 5MB could have been 5 more songs I could have put on it. And thats the same story with my 320MB 8800GTS which could only use 312MB~ of its 320MB. It might have been 302MB I cant remember exactly but I know it was less than 320MB.

And its nothing against your hardware at all, its just how it is. It makes sense that it would have something to do with the operating system or drivers reserving a certain amount of memory on the device itself for its own use. Windows has always been well known for using up system resources for no particular reason.

Last edited: