What is in your arsenal of computer protection?

NA-10

I have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Spybot - Search and Destroy, SpywareBlaster, CCleaner, Ad-Aware 2007, AusLogics Disk Defrag, AVG 8.0, SpeedFan, Start Up Delayer.

Let's post and compare, shall we?

tyttebøvs

nat router, and my brain
(as in dont got to stupid sites)

What about all the non-stupid sites that have been infected with malicious code (there are many of those)?

One of the famous ones was the time that MySpace was spreading spyware to their users through an infected banner.

Last edited:

SSMUFF

I use malware and ad-ware. Again I go to only trusted web sites. I scan once a week and delete all.

ScOuT

VIP Member
I only use the free edition of AVG and CCleaner...never had any issues. My windows defender is even turned off. Stupid sites and downloading stuff instead of buying it is how you get infected for the most part.

tremmor

im a fan of avg free and proggys like ccleaner. been playing with another virus protection kaspersky. one thing though. i think a lot of people get into serious problems like with google. just don't know where the link is taking ya. if im searching i always turn off script controls. unless im at a trusted site like here.
just a thought.........

tlarkin

VIP Member
NAT router, SPI firewall, smooth wall gateway, little snitch, human intervention, and the occasional scan of whatever software I am trying out. I like NOD32 so far, it has a very small memory finger print. I also have used fprot in the past.

ClamAV is another open source one.

Then again I only have 1 Windows box at home, the rest is OS X and Linux.

apj101

VIP Member
What about all the non-stupid sites that have been infected with malicious code (there are many of those)?

One of the famous ones was the time that MySpace was spreading spyware to their users through an infected banner.

why the hell would i go around clicking stupid banners? :)

I run the occational malware scanner, I used to use an AV but hardly bother now, ive AGV and Nod32 installed but never turned on.

Aastii

VIP Member
Avast!, spybot S&D thats it. Avast scans everything that comes in anyway so pretty much solid on its own, only use spybot to scan every couple of weeks

tlarkin

VIP Member
CCleaner is not a security tool, it is a utility tool that fixes things after the fact.

While it is a great free tool, I would not lump it into security like some of you have. It doesn't do any prevention of attacks on your system, it is only used in the aftermath.

G25r8cer

CCleaner is not a security tool, it is a utility tool that fixes things after the fact.

While it is a great free tool, I would not lump it into security like some of you have. It doesn't do any prevention of attacks on your system, it is only used in the aftermath.

Yeah and Disk Defrag and Speedfan are Security Tools? Yeah that makes sense

Edit: CCleaner is too a security tool! It cleans the traces of your web browsers and apps.