What is OSRSS / orsfinal / osrdlsvc.exe

0bAm3

i booted up my old dell laptop and everything was very slow on it so i scanned with windows defender and it removed 3 viruses. one was a trojan. Then windows defender stopped working and kept saying "at risk" so i downloaded malwarebytes and scanned my computer. it said it found 300 possible threats and i quarantined them. the computer was working fine until i opened task manager and saw a somehting called osrdlsvc using up tons of cpu and memory (i dont remember correctly what it was using up). i closed the computer and booted it back up a week later and osrdlsvc wasent there anymore. All i saw was osrss and osrfinal. is this a virus? if so, how do i remove it?
there was a forum page about this on bleeping computer and it confused me so im asking here

_Pete_

Well Bleeping Computers says it's a trojan or virus.

"This file has been identified as a program that is undesirable to have running on your computer. This consists of programs that are misleading, harmful, or undesirable.
If the description states that it is a piece of malware, you should immediately run an antivirus and antispyware program."

That's from Bleeping Computers so, if you can, get rid of it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would start by running adwcleaner and then rerun malwarebytes, making sure malwarebytes is fully updated to the latest program version.

adwcleaner - https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/

Just open the program press scan and let it clean and restart when done. A log will pop up when you reboot, can you post the log for me.

Agent Smith

0bAm3

this is a kind of old laptop and i just found it. turns out, i dident have the right power cable so until i find that i cant do anything but once i find it i will try all the methods. Thanks for all your help!