What Is The Best Firefox Clone??

DJboutit

I have been using Pale Moon for like 5 or 6 years now the last 5 to 7 version have all been crap they crash way to much time to dump it. What is the best Firefox clone other than Pale Moon that is really stable??

UnholyVision

Waterfox in my opinion is the best alternative. It has privacy and quiet stable on my machines. I haven't had a crash other than once that I can recall. Though, that was sort of because I was hogging my ram.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Actually Firefox has improved tremendously over the years. I won't use anything else now. I used to use pale moon myself.

UnholyVision

Actually Firefox has improved tremendously over the years. I won't use anything else now. I used to use pale moon myself.
There are quiet a lot of concerning issues with using FireFox though. Which is why people are flocking to other alternatives. For the record I'm not trying to bring politics into it, but as a business they shouldn't either.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/mozilla-to-deliver-ads-in-its-firefox-browser/

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/17/...romo-plugin-into-firefox-and-users-are-pissed

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmaste...lla_gives_100k_to_fund_antifa_email_whats_up/

https://www.truthrevolt.org/petition/stop-mozilla-firefoxs-discrimination-against-conservatives

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member

Well the first link is almost 5 years old. The next 2 are about a year old. And the last one, who gives a rat's ass about it? I can't stand Chrome. So my thoughts are they are not concerning at all, so sorry to burst your bubble.

All is good though. To each their own.

UnholyVision

Well the first link is almost 5 years old. The next 2 are about a year old. And the last one, who gives a rat's ass about it? I can't stand Chrome. So my thoughts are they are not concerning at all, so sorry to burst your bubble.

All is good though. To each their own.
No bursting of bubbles here, and I can't stand Chrome either, nor Chromium. I also dislike the fact everyone wants to shift over there browsers to Chromium based browsers too. For example, Brave Browser went and shifted to it, uggh.

Though I will say I do find it all concerning regardless of the age. A business shouldn't be swaying in politics and focus on selling the product. Also, I don't agree with the old CEO. Yet I agree with the fact he has rights to vote and have ideals of what he wants outside the work place. Same as the leftest gets to vote & say things the way they want outside the work places. I can't fall into the left or right camp as I don't agree with a majority or either side, but I would almost agree with the saying, "I would fight for your rights to say the things you want". Yet I wouldn't probably be a good Soldier, lol. Not patriotic and many things.

Anyway, you do you & vise versa I guess.

DMGrier

VIP Member
+1 to Firefox

To be honest web browsers are like cars. There are some things car enthusiast will agree upon but overall it is just a matter of opinion. It also depends on what you do on the web all day. Example being here in Colorado a few years ago if you did a lot on state websites you would find that IE was the best web browser to use. This does not mean that IE is the best web browser but is the most compatible for what you need to do therefore, in that case the best web browser to use would be IE.

for me....

I recently have come back to Firefox. I used to use Chrome but started having some weird web rendering issues for certain websites that was crucial for my work flow. I haven't used Firefox in years but I have to say I am surprised at how much faster and more stable Firefox has gotten since I stopped using the product a few years ago. Been on the new Firefox for a bit shy of six months now and haven't needed any other browser.

I am also glad to see they replaced the stupid old browser sync function for something a bit more modern feeling which makes it easier for syncing your browser stuff between devices. Not sure if using a similar code base or not but, Firefox for android has also really matured over the years in my opinion.