what is the best motherboard out there

compfreak

banned
i was wondering after countless searches over the net what u guys think the best motherboards are ever im into overclocking my self i would have to say the abit ic7 max 3 motherboard features 6 channel serial ATA RAID with the Silicon Image 4-port serial ATA RAID controller plus native 2 channel support, as well as ABIT's latest ABIT Engineered feature: Secure IDE But what is most exciting about MAX3 is that it features the most advanced cooling technology ever seen before on a motherboard - OTES.

In the interests of cooling and performance, OTES has been redesigned to cool the hottest part of a motherboard (Outside Thermal Exhaust System)
what do u think

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You do realize that question is wholly and utterly unanswerable? :) A question that broad, even if answered, would give meaningless (or highly contextualized) answers :) You need to spec, at the least (a) Platform, (b) Intent, (c) budget and (d) any other requirements

compfreak

banned
ok would have to be a intel p4 800mhz bus speed intended to play games and high overclocking abilitys would have to be in price range of 100-200

joelkyr

The "best MOBO" when it comes to technology is I think short term, they come up with a new one every now and then which will make your SYSTEM obsolete( dont know if its the right term). Like PRAETOR said, its "unanswerable". :cool:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
ok would have to be a intel p4 800mhz bus speed intended to play games and high overclocking abilitys would have to be in price range of 100-200
Ok that gives us something to work with (although the budget is a bit on the very-broad range). I think you can get a ASUS P4C800 for that bracket ... if not, the P4P800 (also ASUS) is a very nice contender. They make use of the i875P and i865PE chipsets respectively. Very solid boards both of them (from personal experience)