What is the best PC brand?

Geoff

VIP Member
Im going to be buying a new computer soon, and I was just wondering what you think is the best brand for a PC Desktop. (Besides custom-built)

Imaruki

http://abspc.com is what I use for a PC recommendation for all of my customers. I've never had any problems with them either. Good service too. Nice computers with name brand parts for cheap.

Super_Nova

I can't really rule out custom built because I've always stayed clear of brand names. The best PC brand is one that's build from scratch. No brand name. I could however say whatever it is it's not dell. I've worked with gateways alot. They seem oK. I've also worked with some IBM's. They were also decent. can't really vouch for any others though.The only thing is some main stream brands don't offer AMD processors. I have a problem with that as I am a fan of AMD. I'm sure I, and many others here :D would not mind building you one from scratch.

dansilva

as far as i concern it doesnt matter what brand the computer is as long as its consisted of reliable parts and of course the compoenets u need. Custom built computers always tend to be the best. Best thing is to go to a computer shop and test it ur self. if u are satisfied with the performance then check the components see if they are upto-date also check if they are the parts that u really need. by the way what do u want PC to be? gaming? or just general use i.e. browse IE and so.
then there is always upgrade which u can do time to time as new components comes to market.

Geoff

VIP Member
I think it does...

I actually think that it does matter what brand you have, because i have a compaq now, and it freezes up when i open programs, and is going very slow. But my friends who have dells, or HP's, they dont have this problem.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Interestingly I never had problems with Compaqs, but at the office we had a HP which caused us a lot of problems...

4W4K3

VIP Member
what's your budget? and what do you plan on using the pc for? i could easily recommend compaq/dell...but you might need sumthin along the lines of falcon northwest/alienware...gotta know what u want from it.

Grimulus

www.unitedmicron.com they build custom comps that seem to very solid. but if you know how or have a friend that does, you can get an amazing computer with better parts for cheaper...united will charge ya for putting them together, but still, they are very solid.

ABS and Alienware are good too.

samuelhii_mei

actually no 'best' brand for pc!! it all depemd on yourself
and i always built up a comp with all the device from different manufacture

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What is the best PC brand?
There isnt one :)

I actually think that it does matter what brand you have, because I have a compaq now, and it freezes up when I open programs, and is going very slow.
Yeah but the fact that its a compaq doesnt make it slow. At the ene of the day its still the parts that are used (and more so the OS configuration)

but i've heard good things about Alienware (because you can overclock them)
...and hopefully the fact that the machines are "good"? :p

what's your budget? and what do you plan on using the pc for?
Yeah ... the exact reason i made ... http://www.computerforum.com/announcement.php?f=2 :D

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Go with a Dell imo. Great customer support, they ship with AWESOME preinstalled software, and when it becomes obsolete, you buy a new one!

WhiteTree

I guess Dell isn't too bad of a recommendation. Five years ago (same as this poster) I was just starting to look for a computer. I'm still looking. New technology kind of puts a kink in things every year... (I suppose the Dell we have will break eventually. It's going on 7 years...)

(mep: Your post is a result of this thread I assume? Your earliest post?)

jgoff14

Alienware is garbage. Build your own and you will be much happier. If not I liked gateway for quality, reliability, and service. I haven't bought one now in a few years and they dont allow you to customize much anymore as they are all sold in stores now (to the best of my knowlege). I have 2 Gateway's running right now in fact that are from 99 and 2002 with no problems so they will get you by. I still think you should build it.

powerpack

banned
Alienware is garbage. Build your own and you will be much happier. If not I liked gateway for quality, reliability, and service. I haven't bought one now in a few years and they dont allow you to customize much anymore as they are all sold in stores now (to the best of my knowlege). I have 2 Gateway's running right now in fact that are from 99 and 2002 with no problems so they will get you by. I still think you should build it.
Just so you know the resurrection of this Necro thread is kind of a goof on Omega's very 1st post ever, like 33,000 ago. Mep916 the Admin having fun!;):D:)

But I agree I would not buy AlienWare.:D

Edit: Post #13 is the funny one. Back then who would of thunk?

Last edited: